Re: PCB 'moves'

Dylan Van Assche

Hi,

The problem was a coupler of the Y-axis motor.

Cheers,
Dylan

2014-06-25 13:04 GMT+02:00 'Eric van de Weyer' eric@... [pcb-gcode] <pcb-gcode@...>:

Hi Dylan,

Is either of the motors “growling” at some stage of its operation instead of making a nice even tone when it moves? You may have a mechanical problem due to some drag somewhere.

73....Eric VK2VE.

Sent: Wednesday, 25 June 2014 4:20 AM
To: pcb-gcode@...
Subject: Re: [pcb-gcode] PCB 'moves'

I ran a test with a simple circle and I found out that I get an oval... I think there's a problem on the Y-axis since the circle is somethings milled as a circle and sometimes as an oval.

So it isn't the software... I must be my CNC and that's something I don't understand since it worked last time I used it.

Cheers,

Dylan

2014-06-24 19:35 GMT+02:00 Art Eckstein art.eckstein@... [pcb-gcode] <pcb-gcode@...>:

The first place I would check would be any couplers on the lead screws.  I have not heard of anybody having problems like this on the software side of the equation.

Art
Country Bubba

At 01:20 PM 6/24/2014, you wrote:

Hi everyone,

I didn't made any PCB's last month during the exams (no time :S ) and I started again with milling a new PCB today but I my layout 'moves' every pass.

Do I need to search for the cause in the new EAGLE PCB, PCB-GCode or my router?

I had no problems before my exams so I was a surprise for me

Cheers,

Dylan Van Assche

--

Modulebaan.tk

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Join pcbgcode@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.