Re: Track and pads joined

Art Eckstein

João
Just noticed your ref to me, sorry for the late reply.
I use different fixture offsets for the board
sides. For the bottom of the board, I use G55
with the origin (0,0) at the lower right corner
of the fixture and for the top of the board, I
use G54 with the origin at the lower left corner of the Fixture.
This way, the fixture pocket is approximately the
size of the board stock and I set the origins
when I milled the pocket out to provide the
necessary fences and then saved these offsets
for future usage. The fixture is permanently
mounted on the router and I have homing
switches. Standard operating procedure is to
power up the machine, home it, and then load the
offset table. Now the machine knows the offsets
for the fixture and where my touch off plate is (referenced in G53).

I have customized my "user-gcode.h" to
automatically handle the necessary inclusion of
G54, G55 for the top or bottom files and the
tool change routine (which only comes into play
in drilling and milling) to do a subroutine to
G53 for tool length measurement on the touch pad.
I don't worry about a tool change for etching as
I am using autoleveling and I found out the hard
way that tool change routines and autolevel don't
get along. This part is a work in progress as I
am constantly changing the way I do things. YMMV:})

HTH

Hello,

I am stuck, again.

I am doing a dense board and have to pass tracks between IC pads (a thing I don’t like at all).
I made the track quite thin, 0.2mm, where it
goes close to the pads and get a clearance of
between 0.3 and 0.4mm. I use a 0.2mm tool, but
they join, both in the viewer and the board. I
can make the pads smaller, but some pads, the round ones, become too small.

I am puzzled, if the clearance is larger than the tool, why doesn’t it work?

I am using Eagle 6.3.0 and pcb-gcode 3.6.2.4,
isolation minimum: 0.1mm, maximum: 0.4mm, step:
0.2mm, tool: 0.2mm, code style: TurboCNC.

Talking about Turbo CNC, maybe Art can help me
here. For a double sided board, I use one pin
for reference at 0.0 and flip the board for the
second side. My vacuum table is small and if the
board is large, I have to move the reference
pin. If I jog the machine to the new reference
and zero the X axis, everything looks good, but
on starting, the machine takes the old reference
and forgets the new one. The way I go around
this is restarting the program, but then I also
lose the other coordinates (y and Z). Is there a
more elegant way of doing this?

Best regards

João