Pa NBEMS Net firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting the Pa NBEMS net for Pennsylvania and surrounding states. This is an open net for the purpose of training and practicing running and participating in similar nets. NBEMS stands for Narrow Band Emergency Messaging System and is used primarily for emergency communications and passing traffic on the Amateur Radio frequencies. The primarily software used for NBEMS is Fldigi. All Amateur Radio operators are invited to subscribe to this group and to participate in the Pa NBEMS Net. Any questions or comments may be sent to ny3j at arrl.net
This net meets every Sunday at 0800 hr on a vfo dial frequency of 3583.0 kHz.
We moved the net to 0800 hr from the old net on fickle forty meters at 1100 hr local time.
By moving the net to 80m and moving the net to an earlier hour, we have eliminated the "fickle forty meters" skip zone of propagation (the famous 100 mile donut hole)l
The four net control operators are
Ron NY3J Bensalem, Barry K3EUI West Chester, Frank N3FLL West Chester, and WT WN3LIF Luzerne County
We are still looking for additional net control operators from Central or Western Pa
The net usually has 20-30 checkins from Pa, NY, NJ, CT, MA, VA and sometimes when the band is still open, from North Carolina and Ohio and Canada.
We practice sending FLMSG and FLAMP messages including casual comments, announcements, and samples of EMCOM messages including weather reports and daily shelter reports.
All are welcome to check in.
TU and hope to see you on the waterfall.
- 69 Members
- 43 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]