A list for those
doing cat rescue with orphaned kittens. Discussion is welcomed on bottle
feeding, general care, specialized care for sick kitties, and other things
related to raising orphaned kittens. This is not a forum for selling or placing
kittens. This is an effort to bring together those who rescue kittens to share
information and experiences.
For detailed information on how to bottle feed small kittens, please see the excellent Kitten Care Handbook at
there’s a PDF version of this at http://unitedpaws.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/kitten_rescue.pdf
(I had nothing to
do with this handbook, but refer many folks to it -- Send Kitten Rescue a
dollar or two if you can to thank them!)
In emergency, with lethargic kittens -- Karo syrup (light) can be put on kittens' gums -- provides instantly absorbable energy with no digestion cost. But NEVER feed a cold kitten -- warm her up first!
Quick links --
Taming – [there’s a lot of information at the feral_cats yahoo group, which will be moving to groups.io]
TNR (trap neuter return) – http://www.neighborhoodcats.org/resources/books-videos-more
You can download, free, their Neighborhood Cats TNR Handbook
Alley Cat Allies www.alleycat.org
To find lost shy cats -- www.catsinthebag.org/
read PDF files, free software at
Paws 2 ounce nursers, 24 for $24, at
all should get: Cat Owners Home Veterinary Handbook, 2nd edition (2007), see
We miss and honor Tani Scott,who ran this group and taught many people how to care for neonatal kittens. She died -- Blessed be, Tani! Let's all honor Tani by rescuing a kitten in her name.
- 730 Members
- 7,470 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- Only moderators can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.