Topics

Yeah, until the trailer wiring didn't work !!

Electri-Cal

Thanks for letting my message out, John as I asked.  The trailer didn't get it though.  After about a couple hours I had finally traced it to an internal short in a wire, blown secondary car light fuse, and I got too tired to do more.  Finally drove in and got the parts to fix it later than I would be able to enjoy the trip.  It looks good now, but this am will hook it all up and see how I did, this time.  Need to check the "autoloader" dry footed tackle I hooked up while I'm at it.   Still one other depth equipment I haven't got running either, bigger but maybe not better.

Haven't had a problem for a couple years now, so the work was due with those cheapo flat 4 plugs.  If all is well, should be able to get back in the game after I hook up   I think I'll just get 'er done solo -- testing wise, without  much socializing, hard to move, maybe change stuff and do testing with a loaded boat in the water.

Later coots,   Cal.

Too bad you couldn't make it to Fern Ridge. We were looking forward to seeing the latest mods to Surprise.

Trailer wiring! <sigh> I hope you get it working before the snow flies. <g>

I heard somewhere that for a minor trailer wiring task -- cleaning the insides of flat four connectors -- a brass .17 caliber gun cleaning brush is just the right size, and cheap. Works dandy. I got mine at Bi-Mart. Someday I'll make a proper wood handle for it... <g>

https://smile.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005AZHNU0/themotherofal-20

On 7/29/2020 5:48 AM, Electri-Cal wrote:
Thanks for letting my message out, John as I asked.  The trailer didn't get it though.  After about a couple hours I had finally traced it to an internal short in a wire, blown secondary car light fuse, and I got too tired to do more.
Haven't had a problem for a couple years now, so the work was due with those cheapo flat 4 plugs.  If all is well, should be able to get back in the game after I hook up   I think I'll just get 'er done solo --
testing wise, without  much socializing, hard to move, maybe change stuff and do testing with a loaded boat in the water.
Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form. (Vladimir Nabokov)

Guess I posted this, but just in case.  Yep, made new connector wires, and a spare for the back tool box while I had the stuff out. !!      Hah ,   Cal