Wednesday 28th, - Richardson Park

Electri-Cal

Tomorrow is looking good for weather, it's time to do another day trip. Charlie and I will be at the Fern Ridge lake for a day of fun.  Everybody's welcome, I will be there early, maybe an hour or so to unload, launch, pre  ("putt" ) and Charlie will be there about 11 to do a casual cruise.  This is no big deal, but I'd bring a snack and liquid just in case.  I'll be packing it in around - 3  - to allow for travel time home., and that's long enough to get some sun at Richardson.

Have a great day, maybe see you'all there,   ----  Cal

I had to get to work on Lazy Jack's shelter, and getting Tuffy ready to sail. "Wasted" a whole weekend at the Coast. :o) I hope you and Charley had a goods time at the Mudhole today. I'm all stiff and sore gain...

Looks like Dutch Coots don't really look much different than we do. <g>

On 4/27/2021 2:14 PM, Electri-Cal wrote:
Tomorrow is looking good for weather, it's time to do another day trip. Charlie and I will be at the Fern Ridge lake for a day of fun. Everybody's welcome, I will be there early, maybe an hour or so to unload, launch, pre  ("putt" ) and Charlie will be there about 11 to do a casual cruise.  This is no big deal, but I'd bring a snack and liquid just in case.  I'll be packing it in around - 3  - to allow for travel time home., and that's long enough to get some sun at Richardson.
The homeopathic method, consists in leaving the case to nature, while the patient is amused with nominal and nugatory remedies. (Physician Jacob Bigelow)

We were at the coast too, not a waste!!  Gotta decompress, had a great time at the Adobe, hot tub by appointment, great food, and the sunny beach walks.   With the mods I got done, Charlie and I had a great time yesterday.

I've got tall hand grips for better security, figured to remove one seat until other side passenger is seated, Movable cushions work slick too.  Yeah, top goes up/down from the seats, comfy as long as you could sit without a pottie break, just like a car, but quieter of course.  We did a run across the lake to the coots lunch site, back the longer way past the dam, up to the "memorial cove" area.  I guess maybe 2 1/2 to 3 hours, no appreciable power loss, plenty of top end left.  In fact the higher float voltage lasted till 3/4 of the first crossing, impressive !!   We were kinda scratching our heads wondering why we had so much power left, at hull speed cruising speed set at 15 amps, that's a total of 30 amps with both motors.  I wouldn't normally be in the boat that long, with two coots, it would be maybe twice our last trip to triangle lake.  I could see circling Paulina with no problem, and I have a new power gauge coming in now.

One problem, sorta --  all my instrument bridges are the type for 12 volt take off.  I haven't seen any  "bridge" battery hook up for a specific 24 volt instrument so far, so I need to look that up.  New instruments are for 24 to 60 volt draw.

Later,  Cal

Me and Mary were staying at the Adobe too, Saturday and Sunday nights. We explored some options that might have a better coffee machine and wifi, but it's hard to beat the view of the ocean from the Adobe.

Sounds like you've got Surprise pretty well set up now. :o)

By "bridge" do you mean the shunt for the ammeter? Those aren't rated by voltage, or at least they work the same whether you run 12 or 24 volts through them. They're rated by mVolt voltage drop. Use the one that comes with the gauge, or if it doesn't come with one, us one with the rating to match the ammeter. Otherwise you won't get a correct reading.

Put the shunt right after your battery switch and _before_ any load.

On 4/29/2021 8:30 AM, Electri-Cal wrote:
We were at the coast too, not a waste!!  Gotta decompress, had a great time at the Adobe, hot tub by appointment, great food, and the sunny beach walks.   With the mods I got done, Charlie and I had a great time yesterday.
We did a run across the lake to the coots lunch site, back the longer way past the dam, up to the "memorial cove" area.  I guess maybe 2 1/2 to 3 hours, no appreciable power loss, plenty of top end left.  In fact the higher float voltage lasted till 3/4 of the first crossing, impressive ...
One problem, sorta --  all my instrument bridges are the type for 12 volt take off.  I haven't seen any  "bridge" battery hook up for a specific 24 volt instrument so far, so I need to look that up.  New instruments are for 24 to 60 volt draw.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. A man who never reads lives only one. (George R. R. Martin)