Washington 360

Case Turner

Bill Child’s sent me this text he’ll
Be participating in the wa350 this year. If anyone is interested in following the race there are two links in the message below.

Here are a few links to the WA 360 race starting June 7. We finally have an identity listed on the team page. Team name is "Sargasso Saviors". Teams are listed alphabetically so scroll down far to the S's. We're the only planked woodenboat in the race and proud of it 😎
https://nwmaritime.org/wa360-teams/

And if you're interested in knowing exactly how uncompetitive we are you can track the teams live on this page starting 6:00 am on June 7th. Scroll down to the "Tracking" link and behold the magic. If you see us not moving for 8 hours or so we are either anchored waiting for current to change or have found a waterfront bar serving deep fried food and appropriate bevs... or all of above:
https://nwmaritime.org/follow-wa360/

Dirt

--
Dirt

Thanks, Case. Good Luck to Bill and his team!

Another interesting entry is Team Sockeye Voyages, in a Bolger Lite Scooner.

On 5/24/2021 8:39 PM, Dirt wrote:
[...]
Trouble is only an opportunity in work clothes. (Henry J. Kaiser)

Team Monkey Fist is a planked Lightning. but with the boxy cabin Bob Hodge put on it, nowhere near as pretty as Sargasso Savior's boat. <g>

Another interesting entry is Team Dunlin, the boat designed and built by Kees Prins. Looks like he sold the boat to a Californian.

On 5/24/2021 8:39 PM, Dirt wrote:
Bill Child’s sent me this text he’ll
Be participating in the wa350 this year. If anyone is interested in following the race there are two links in the message below.

Here are a few links to the WA 360 race starting June 7. We finally have an identity listed on the team page. Team name is "Sargasso Saviors". Teams are listed alphabetically so scroll down far to the S's. We're the only planked woodenboat in the race and proud of it 😎
https://nwmaritime.org/wa360-teams/
It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a sense of humor. (Max Eastman)