Subject: 2020 Wooden Boat Show cancellation
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 12:48:30 -0700
From: bud shoemake
To: info@...

Greetings!

The Port of Toledo hopes you and your family have remained safe and healthy through this first part of 2020.     It has been an unpredictable three months, with more unknowns ahead.   The Governor’s Plan for Rebuilding a Safe and Strong Oregon calls for cancellation of all festivals through September 2020, which includes our Wooden Boat Show.  Although disappointing, the most important concern is for the health of our community as well as for the exhibitors, vendors, sponsors and volunteers that make our show so special each year.

In August, we will host a virtual Wooden Boat Show on Facebook, please follow our Port of Toledo Wooden Boat Show page. We will encourage exhibitors to share photos and videos of their beautiful wood boats, we will post photos and videos from previous year’s shows and of course, there will be Wooden Boat Show T-shirts (from previous years).

We will miss seeing you this year and want to thank you for supporting our Community Event.  We look forward to seeing you again next year,  August 21 & 22, 2021 for our next Wooden Boat Show and Waterfront Festival.

Please, feel free to contact the Port Office at info@... <mailto:info@...> or call 541-336-5207 if you have any questions or comments about our festival.

Sincerely,

/Port of Toledo Wooden Boat Show/

/Planning Committee/

Bud Shoemake, Port Manager

Port of Toledo
P.O. Box 428

496 NE Hwy 20, Unit 1
Toledo Oregon 97391
Cell:  541-272-1201

Office:  541.336.5207
www.portoftoledo.org <http://www.portoftoledo.org/>
info@... <mailto:info@...>

Logarithmic plots are a device of the devil. (Charles Francis Richter, co-inventor of a logarithmic scale for measuring earthquakes)

Pete Leenhouts

Hope someone can tell the Port that a LOT of people do not like and do not use Facebook. There are other options.

Pete
RIPTIDE

There isn't gonna be a "real" Wooden Boat Show at Toledo this year, but
the Port is gonna host a Virtual one. Unfortunately, it's gonna be on
F******k. <sigh>

I can't find the F******k page for the Boat Show, but I suppose the Port
will tell us where it is before the Virtual show.

[...]

Those of us who don't use F******k should let the Port of Toledo know, and tell them about alternatives. The Port Manager, Bud, is a real Boat Nut, and the Port has been a big supporter of the Coots, so be polite.

What are the alternatives, Pete?

"Please, feel free to contact the Port Office at info@... or call 541-336-5207 if you have any questions or comments about our festival."

On 6/4/2020 1:34 PM, Pete L wrote:
Hope someone can tell the Port that a LOT of people do not like and do not use Facebook. There are other options.

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. (Carl Jung)

I forgot to mention that Coots, and other interested parties, I assume, are welcome at the Boat Show planning meetings. However they're held in the age of the dread Virus...

August is still a few months away, so maybe a good alternative to F******k can be found for the Virtual Boat Show.

On 6/4/2020 1:34 PM, Pete L wrote:
Hope someone can tell the Port that a LOT of people do not like and do not use Facebook. There are other options.
My country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right; when wrong, to be put right. (Carl Schurz)