Topics

Very Sad News

Kay called to tell me that Pat Patteson passed away yesterday morning. He'd been suffering from several health issues in the last few months, and it finally became too much for his body to handle.

Pat and Kay were some of our earliest Coots, and we'll sorely miss Pat even though he hasn't been able to do any boating in recent years. There will be a wake of some sort in the warmer months. Pat and Kay spent a lot of time at Timothy Lake, and she was talking about trying to do something up there.

https://flic.kr/p/orBaC

--
John (@Jkohnen)
Wind is to us what money is to life on shore. (Sterling Hayden)

Andrew Linn

Damn it. Pat was a good man. He loved Kay more than anything. Damn it.

On 12/15/2019 7:17 PM, John Kohnen wrote:
Kay called to tell me that Pat Patteson passed away yesterday morning. He'd been suffering from several health issues in the last few months, and it finally became too much for his body to handle.

Pat and Kay were some of our earliest Coots, and we'll sorely miss Pat even though he hasn't been able to do any boating in recent years. There will be a wake of some sort in the warmer months. Pat and Kay spent a lot of time at Timothy Lake, and she was talking about trying to do something up there.

https://flic.kr/p/orBaC

elaineginader

So sad to hear.

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019, 7:17 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Kay called to tell me that Pat Patteson passed away yesterday morning.
He'd been suffering from several health issues in the last few months,
and it finally became too much for his body to handle.

Pat and Kay were some of our earliest Coots, and we'll sorely miss Pat
even though he hasn't been able to do any boating in recent years. There
will be a wake of some sort in the warmer months. Pat and Kay spent a
lot of time at Timothy Lake, and she was talking about trying to do
something up there.

https://flic.kr/p/orBaC

--
John (jkohnen@...)
Wind is to us what money is to life on shore. (Sterling Hayden)

David Graybeal

Just got off the phone with Kay, then come here to see if everyone knew.

Kay's in no hurry to make decisions, of course, but she spoke to me also about a memorial service at Timothy Lake. Maybe in lieu of the Hagg Lake Messabout in July.

Pat had offered me the PK20, and with our growing family, it is a lovely idea. I just haven't managed to finalized arrangements with Frank for a place to park her.  Pat & I were hoping he'd recover enough for another shad fishing expedition aboard her  this Spring... but it just didn't work out that way.

Damn sorry to see him go, but damned impressed at how strong he was to not only survive the initial severe cardiac event... but to keep bouncing back cheerfully in the face of repeated problems resulting.

Dan W

Pat was one of the first Coots to introduce himself to me when I showed with my trash pump powered Diablo at Depoe Bay years ago. He and Kay were always very welcoming. Pat and I had many phone calls when I was designing / building my PC Dory.

I'll miss our dockside chats, I'm sure he and Jim Ballou are catching up around the Coot camp fire.

Dan
a.k.a Jetman<<<

Kay called to tell me that Pat Patteson passed away yesterday morning.
He'd been suffering from several health issues in the last few months,
and it finally became too much for his body to handle.

Pat and Kay were some of our earliest Coots, and we'll sorely miss Pat
even though he hasn't been able to do any boating in recent years. There
will be a wake of some sort in the warmer months. Pat and Kay spent a
lot of time at Timothy Lake, and she was talking about trying to do
something up there.

https://flic.kr/p/orBaC

--
John (jkohnen@...)
Wind is to us what money is to life on shore. (Sterling Hayden)

chnookie

That’s very sad news.