Topics

Tuffy gets a New Helm Impeder

I installed a Huntingford Helm Impeder on Tuffy today. I can't imagine sailing with no way to lock the tiller, and the Huntingford Helm Impeder is cheap and easy to make, and it's infinitely adjustable. You can lock the tiller so it doesn't move at all, or set it so you can move the tiller, but it stays where you put it. I'm a big fan.

I've installed Huntingford Helm Impeders on four small sailboats, and I did it a bit differently each time. The section on Tuffy's installation is belwo Pearl's and Pickle's:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjY7Hr7K

It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do. Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen. (Jerome K. Jerome)