TSCA Oregon Coots Chapter Membership

Me and Bud just attended a Board meeting of the National Traditional Small Craft Association. We were successful in convincing them to sponsor the Family Boatbuilding at the Toledo Boat Show this year. :o)

But something came up later in the meeting. John Weiss, who handles membership matters, has been trying to get an idea of how many members there are in each chapter, with little success. In the Oregon Coots chapter he only has a list of Coots who belong to the National TSCA. We have very loose membership "rules". Anybody who feels like they're a Coot is a Coot. To be a _voting_ member of the Oregon Coots TSCA chapter you have to be a National TSCA member. In between, you can be a Coot who wants to be in the Oregon Coots TSCA chapter, but doesn't want to join National. There are no chapter dues, so we haven't tried to keep track of Coots like that. But we should, at least for the sake of John's peace of mind. <g>

So, please tell me if you want to be a nonvoting, non-dues-paying, member of the Oregon Coots TSCA chapter, so I can make up a roster to send John.

All Coots are encouraged to join the National TSCA. It's a Good Outfit, and provides insurance for our messabouts. Be sure to say you want to join the Oregon Coots chapter:

https://tsca.net/join-online/

I notice that several Coots have let their TSCA membership lapse. Shame on you! ;o) It's easy enough to rejoin.

Thanks!

If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done. (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Steve Molin

You can count me in as a non-voting Oregon TSCA Coot, thanks! And I promise to take another look at the National TCSA membership, too

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 6:36 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
[...]

elaineginader

That's great news John. I'm already a TSCA member but I need to send my check. Thanks for the reminder.

Elaine

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022, 6:36 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
[...]

Bill Cook and Deborah L Cook

John,

Deb and I are happy to join the NTSCA group but the options for paying membership only list PayPal. We won't use PayPal. Our experience as a seller and buyer with PayPal has been disappointing. So, can your contact provide another way to pay the annual dues?

Thank you,

Bill Cook

[...]

I printed out an application and sent a check to the address provided on the application form.
Elaine

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022, 9:00 PM Bill Cook and Deborah L Cook <wcook1120@...> wrote:
[...]

There's a form you can fill out and send in with a check by snail mail Here:

https://tsca.net/join-mail-in/

It oughta be more obvious to find...

On 1/19/2022 9:00 PM, Bill C wrote:
John,
Deb and I are happy to join the NTSCA group but the options for paying membership only list PayPal. We won't use PayPal. Our experience as a seller and buyer with PayPal has been disappointing. So, can your contact provide another way to pay the annual dues?
The trouble with the school of experience is that the graduates are too old to go to work. (Henry Ford)

Claire Acord

Hi John,
John Acord and I are happy to be non-voting members of the Coots....
thanks for your efforts
best
Claire Acord

[...]

Jove Lachman-Curl

You can count me in as a non-voting Oregon TSCA Coot, thanks!

-Jove

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 9:33 AM Claire Acord <whidbeyboatpainter@...> wrote:
[...]

Josh

Just updated TSCA and bumped it to sponsor level. It's a great organization. Would also like for Rose and I to be members of the Oregon Coots TSCA chapter.

[...]

Bob Miller

Non-voting member for me, thanks to John Weiss.

Bob

Sender notified by
Mailtrack
01/20/22, 09:20:50 PM

[...]

I’m a nonvoting member Coot for sure.

Rich G

So, please tell me if you want to be a nonvoting, non-dues-paying,
member of the Oregon Coots TSCA chapter, so I can make up a roster to
send John.

All Coots are encouraged to join the National TSCA. It's a Good Outfit,
and provides insurance for our messabouts. Be sure to say you want to
join the Oregon Coots chapter:

https://tsca.net/join-online/

I notice that several Coots have let their TSCA membership lapse. Shame
on you! ;o) It's easy enough to rejoin.

Thanks!

If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get
done. (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Thanks, Claire. Welcome aboard to both of you!

On 1/20/2022 9:33 AM, You wrote:
Hi John,
John Acord and I are happy to be non-voting members of the Coots....
thanks for your efforts
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else. (Sir James Barrie)

Jack Korlann

non-voting member

[...]

Brandon

Please count me as a coot. I still fly the burgee.

Brandon

Bill Cook and Deborah L Cook

John, we are mailing our fee to the TSCA. Thank you, Elaine. Happy Friday, Bill & Deb Cook

On January 19, 2022, at 6:36 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

[...]

John Weiss

For those who prefer snail mail, the link is
https://tsca.net/join-mail-in/

Also, form attached.