Triangle lake Wednesday

Josh

We're planning to have Good Girl out at Triangle lake late morning tomorrow to try out the electric motor and hopefully catch some fish so if anyone's there look for the bright yellow sailboat without a mast.

Josh

Had to get a flat on the trailer fixed before heading out. It was really beautiful on the lake. The little electric motor took us to just over 3 knots. We crossed the lake then followed the shore back around to the launch. Took about 4 hours so great sunburns all round.

I'm glad you had a good time on Triangle Lake, Josh. How much charge was left in the battery when you got back to the ramp?

On 4/21/2021 7:01 PM, Josh wrote:
Had to get a flat on the trailer fixed before heading out. It was really beautiful on the lake. The little electric motor took us to just over 3 knots. We crossed the lake then followed the shore back around to the launch. Took about 4 hours so great sunburns all round.
If you are not a thinking man, to what purpose are you a man at all? (Samuel Taylor Coleridge)

Josh

I haven't picked up a voltmeter yet so you can bet it was a constant nagging at my mind wondering if I was using too much power. I did mostly stay on 1 or 2 but sometimes the wind forced me to use 3 or 4 to be able to  keep going the right way, and a little on 5 just to see how fast she'd go.
It was also our first time using Navionics, it was pretty nice to be able to see where we were and how fast we were going.

I thought you might have used lights on top of the motor to check the charge, a crude but still useful "gauge" -- or does that model not have them? As you discovered, you can motor a long time if you slow down. :o)

On 4/22/2021 10:02 AM, Josh wrote:
I haven't picked up a voltmeter yet so you can bet it was a constant nagging at my mind wondering if I was using too much power. I did mostly stay on 1 or 2 but sometimes the wind forced me to use 3 or 4 to be able to  keep going the right way, and a little on 5 just to see how fast she'd go.
It was also our first time using Navionics, it was pretty nice to be able to see where we were and how fast we were going.
I have always a sacred veneration for any one I observe to be a little out of repair in his person, as supposing him either a poet or a philosopher; because the richest minerals are ever found under the most ragged and withered surface of the earth. (Jonathan Swift)