the ENERGY OBSERVER -- Check it OOOUT!!!

Electri-Cal

Right in front of our rooms in Kona, what a thing to wonder about !!  The "dink" is tucked between the amas, its about 18 ft., looked to take the 6-8 people to shore this am. moves like a jet sled.  DAMN, the scale of this is hard to figure just looking at it.  Dwarfs the dive boats, and tour boats in scale.  Hard to see details from anyplace here, not just too far, but not what you'd expect, so i'm going to their site now.  What a treat to see the real deal.

Byeee,   Cal

Electri-Cal

Still way cool, amazing stuff.  I can't use solar panels as not enough space and clumsy looking on that typeof boat.  Great for multi hulls though, great idea.  With my range at hull speed, I think that's about it for cost vs. reward.  I go as fast at cruise, say 4 mph. as some other much bigger electric boats cruise speeds now, I figure that's enough.  Love to lose some weight, not much faster, easier trailering, but adding way more $$ for the options ??

Fun looking at all the newer options.  By the way check out Jay Lenos gas/ electric tourer car from about 1914 or so.  He drive it, but explains the drive line with amazing period photos.  Over 100 years, and we are just coming back to a system that was dropped due to "Cheap and available gas "   How about that ??

Later,   Cal

An interesting vessel for sure! Thanks, Cal. Started life back in 1983 as one of Nigel Irens' racing cats!

https://www.energy-observer.org/about/vessel

On June 13, 2021 11:06:36 AM PDT, Electri-Cal wrote:
Right in front of our rooms in Kona, what a thing to wonder about !!
The "dink" is tucked between the amas, its about 18 ft., looked to take
the 6-8 people to shore this am. moves like a jet sled.  DAMN, the
scale of this is hard to figure just looking at it.  Dwarfs the dive
boats, and tour boats in scale.  Hard to see details from anyplace
here, not just too far, but not what you'd expect, so i'm going to
their site now.  What a treat to see the real deal.

Byeee,   Cal
A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought. (Lord Peter Wimsey)
Sent from some sort of mobile device.

Electri-Cal

Amazing to see it come drifting in, anchor just too far out to get a good look.  Then small craft pop out from under the sides, I couldn't see in the sunset behind just what we had here. I thought maybe some secret shore remote rocket launcher, being tested here.  When it got light enough to see the not so big name on the bow - no numbers of course - then I had a handle to grab a web site with.  It had some problems from what I read, but the processes are truly amazing.  UH !!  that is, if they don't alter the ocean water to upset that balance somehow.  Daddy told me, "Somebodys gotta pay for progress", I think he meant the people who get run over in the process.

Later,   Cal