The Ballad of the Stowijk Rescue

An entertaining musical and spoken commemoration of a harrowing sea rescue. Try to channel your inner Irishman to understand the language. <g> The lifeboat crew were all volunteers!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Stolwijk

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Fwd: The Ballad of the Stowijk Rescue
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 15:03:16 +0100
From: Chris Brady
To: MARHST-L@LISTS.QUEENSU.CA

Brían MacGloinn's radio ballad commemorating a 1940 sea rescue off the
Donegal coast in story and song. Written, presented, performed,
produced and sound mixed by Brían Mac Gloinn. Producer for lyric fm:
Eoin O Kelly

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2020/0907/1163739-the-ballad-of-the-stolwijk-rescue-lyric-feature/

https://www.rte.ie/lyricfm/the-lyric-feature/#103490475 <=== Listen

CJB

The louder he talks of honour, the faster we count our spoons. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)