Teak Lady Yaquina River Sail, June 12-23th

The Teak Lady sail from Newport to Toledo is in a couple of weeks. We're all invited to come along, especially motorboats if the wind doesn't cooperate. <g> The ladies will be going downriver to Newport with the tide on the evening of the 12th, staying over that night, probably in the South Beach marina, then heading upriver on the morning of the 13th (Sunday). Mooring at the transient docks in Toledo only costs a "requested donation", mooring at South Beach costs more. I plan on launching Saturday at the airport ramp, accompanying the Ladies downriver, staying over in South Beach and coming back with them Sunday. Probably staying over in Toledo Sunday night. Should be fun! More details soon...

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. (George Bernard Shaw)

elaineginader

Boy this sounds like fun. I'll be in Olympia that weekend. Please take a lot of pictures.

On Sat, May 29, 2021, 5:33 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
The Teak Lady sail from Newport to Toledo is in a couple of weeks. We're
all invited to come along, especially motorboats if the wind doesn't
cooperate. <g> The ladies will be going downriver to Newport with the
tide on the evening of the 12th, staying over that night, probably in
the South Beach marina, then heading upriver on the morning of the 13th
(Sunday). Mooring at the transient docks in Toledo only costs a
"requested donation", mooring at South Beach costs more. I plan on
launching Saturday at the airport ramp, accompanying the Ladies
downriver, staying over in South Beach and coming back with them Sunday.
Probably staying over in Toledo Sunday night. Should be fun! More
details soon...

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop
playing. (George Bernard Shaw)

Darn! Too bad you'll miss it, Elaine. You know I'll take lots of pictures. <g>

Toledo Joe says we might get dock space for Saturday night in downtown Newport. :o) he says he'll have all the details by Tuesday.

On 5/29/2021 7:08 PM, Elaine wrote:
Boy this sounds like fun. I'll be in Olympia that weekend. Please take a lot of pictures.
A fool and his money are soon elected. (Will Rogers)

elaineginader

Wow exciting. I didn't know there were docks at South Beach.

On Sat, May 29, 2021, 8:18 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Darn! Too bad you'll miss it, Elaine. You know I'll take lots of
pictures. <g>

Toledo Joe says we might get dock space for Saturday night in downtown
Newport. :o) he says he'll have all the details by Tuesday.

On 5/29/2021 7:08 PM, Elaine wrote:
> Boy this sounds like fun. I'll be in Olympia that weekend. Please take a
> lot of pictures.
A fool and his money are soon elected. (Will Rogers)

There's a great big marina in South Beach, but it's far from anything interesting (except the Hatfield Center and the Oregon Coast Aquarium), and the eating opportunities are limited. It also costs over $20 a night! If the Teak Ladies Society and the Port of Toledo come through, we'll spend the night across the bay in the docks with the commercial fishing boats, within easy walking distance of the fleshpots of downtown Newport. :o) Probably for free, too...

https://flic.kr/p/2h9ypCq

On Sat, May 29, 2021, 8:18 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com <mailto:jkohnen@boat-links.com>> wrote:
Darn! Too bad you'll miss it, Elaine. You know I'll take lots of
pictures. <g>
Toledo Joe says we might get dock space for Saturday night in downtown
Newport. :o) he says he'll have all the details by Tuesday.
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. (Carl Jung)