Sweet One

Brian Gage <jamesgage637@...>

Wife said, get this darn thing out from underneath my kitchen table!
NOW MISTER!!!

B.G.

Good find, Brian! That's about the same vintage as my little Honda (mine's serial number 1222720), Water-cooled exhaust and no centrifugal clutch. Good motor. :o)

On 9/14/2021 12:00 PM, Brian G wrote:
Wife said, get this darn thing out from underneath my kitchen table!
NOW MISTER!!!
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form. (Karl Marx & Frederick Engels)

Brian Gage <jamesgage637@...>

John & All...
Yes, and it's clean as a whistle and no corrosion but has a blemish on one side of the cover (no biggie).
For someone who's wanting a short shaft could use it with an adjustable transom bracket. Motor also has a tilt up lock lever for increased elevation if needed.
I may be prompted for a lower price if interested :) ...

I remember one time after I had my Campcruiser ready to float Jim Ballou, Pat Patson and my self launched at Bernet Landing. In all the excitement I pushed off and then pulled the rope on Primary 5 Horse Johnson ('52 or '53) and had a pretty serious gas leak that wasn't apparent the day before. I had a 2 HP on a bracket so I prepared it to run...pulled on rope and it was frozen! What the heck...
Well come to find out the problem was the centrifugal clutch was stuck somehow and crank wouldn't spin but it did the day before, same with the Johnson...Go figure. But I did have a good pair oars that worked fine. I was so enbarsed, come on man!
There are some things that we don't have control over.
B.G.

I had a chance a couple of years ago to get a Honda 2 with a shot clutch real cheap (free?), but somebody closer to the scene (Port Townsend) grabbed it first. I was gonna see if the centrifugal clutch could be locked in the engaged position, so the motor would work just like the older ones. I'd still like to try it. I'll bet that motor in Port Townsend is still gathering dust in somebody's garage waiting for them to get to it... <g>

On 9/15/2021 11:08 AM, Brian G wrote:
apparent the day before. I had a 2 HP on a bracket so I prepared it to run...pulled on rope and it was frozen! What the heck...
Well come to find out the problem was the centrifugal clutch was stuck somehow and crank wouldn't spin...
I just think it's rather odd that a nation that prides itself on its virility should feel compelled to strap on forty pounds of protective gear just in order to play rugby. (Rupert Giles on American football)

I still have the long shaft Honda 2 hp…with centrifugal clutch IIRC….looks to be in as new condition but it’s been so long I can’t remember running it. Been on the stand in my garage or shop buildings all the years with a cover on it. I find it hard to get down there but I have it in McMinnville. I can set up to run it here in a can. Or maybe I should run it first before anyone comes up to get it……..

Rich G

On Sep 15, 2021, at 2:29 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

[...]

elaineginader

Hey Brian how much for the motor??

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021, 11:08 AM Brian Gage <jamesgage637@...> wrote:
[...]

Elaine hi, well before making a counter offer
it would be best to at least tank test and see where things go! My contact cell # is in the Coot directory.

Thanks, B.G.