Snowbound Boatbuilding

I hope all of you are surviving the bad weather alright. The cold only reached down a bit south of Albany, so I'm doing fine.

Ken P has been working on a Michalak AF4 Breve while snowed in up on Bainbridge Island. The sides have been dry-fit to the frames, stem and transom. (See attachment) I hope we see it on the water next summer.

Winter is icumen in,/Lhude sing Goddamm,/Raineth drop and staineth slop,/And how the wind doth ramm!/Sing: Goddam. (Ezra Pound)

Pete Leenhouts

always have been partial to those boats. Nice looking shop, too - nothing like mine!

Pete
Port Ludlow Wa
not much snow left!

I hope all of you are surviving the bad weather alright. The cold only
reached down a bit south of Albany, so I'm doing fine.

Ken P has been working on a Michalak AF4 Breve while snowed in up on
Bainbridge Island. The sides have been dry-fit to the frames, stem and
transom. (See attachment) I hope we see it on the water next summer.

Winter is icumen in,/Lhude sing Goddamm,/Raineth drop and staineth
slop,/And how the wind doth ramm!/Sing: Goddam. (Ezra Pound)

An indoor boatbuilding project……indoor……heavy sigh.

Rich

On Feb 16, 2021, at 5:21 AM, Pete Leenhouts via groups.io <pleenhouts@...> wrote:

always have been partial to those boats. Nice looking shop, too - nothing like mine!

Pete
Port Ludlow Wa
not much snow left!

I hope all of you are surviving the bad weather alright. The cold only
reached down a bit south of Albany, so I'm doing fine.

Ken P has been working on a Michalak AF4 Breve while snowed in up on
Bainbridge Island. The sides have been dry-fit to the frames, stem and
transom. (See attachment) I hope we see it on the water next summer.

Winter is icumen in,/Lhude sing Goddamm,/Raineth drop and staineth
slop,/And how the wind doth ramm!/Sing: Goddam. (Ezra Pound)

Ken Preston

Not only is it indoors, there's a propane heater too!  I can even epoxy in this weather.  Now if I'd only built the shop before I was 60. . .but one does what one can with whatever one has while one can. . .
Today I'm going to take the midships bulkhead back out and dress up one edge of it a bit. . .darn, should have seen that before now. . .
Ken
(still plenty of snow, but I think I can get the truck up the driveway this afternoon)

Dan

Wow! that braided rug is a real nice touch...I think there might be one
of those on my shop floor too. Someplace under the 'pox drips, paint
pools, and resident sawdust. (Much like PL's) this place looks like a
doctor's office! Nice. dan.

Ken Preston

The braided rug is primarily for getting at low bits of work. . .I don't bend over as well as I used to and my bifocals only work a certain way, so my best shot is to lie down full length on the rug and scrunch around until I can reach AND SEE what I need to do. . .besides the rug, a 1' cube made out of six pieces of plywood is never far away. . .something to use to lean on to get stood back up again.  A step stool does well too, but the cube is good no matter which way it lands.  <grin!>
Ken