Topics

Shatyish Boats (was: David Graybeal Awareness Day, Nov. 20)

Electri-Cal

One might question the timeline in  doing a comparison of the old geezers building, to what David Graybeal might be able to do.  Johns new skin boat took a lot of time, which could have cut into spring and summer activities this next year.  Then if the new shanty boat owner does finish paint etc., it might get to a pretty long time to hit the water, for some age groups.  Glad mine is finished, wouldn't want to start a new boat from scratch now, satisfaction is higher when it's an uncover, tow, and go , when the weather permits.

I would do a "time line to water" complete search first, VS. cost to partly build, with what the owner might do to finish it out.  End result is, how fast can I get in the water before I lose time or strength to enjoy the resulting boat, without the next summer (maybe) lost cruising.   In fact as a quick thought --  I'd look at buying John K's boat Pearl, having a remodel to fit a cabin for good cover, and add custom (folding ?? ) berths etc.  repaint as needed and get on the water ASAP this year.  That would make a heck of a cruiser with good inside room, sail or power.

Just a Thought,  Cal

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:25 AM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
What mods do you have in mind for the hypothetical Shanteuse Graybeal
will build for you?

After the Retired Old Geezers finish my Geodesic Airolite boat maybe
they'd be willing so take on a project that involves little more than
simple carpentry...

--
John (jkohnen@...)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to