Search high and low

elaineginader

For a couple of years I've stayed on land waiting until it was safe for water travels or play. Most of my neighborhood sailers staying their distance trying to not come down with Covid.
So, with the news telling us it's ok to go without a mask I decided to get my gear ready and with Fern Ridge coming I wanted to make sure I had everything. I found my VHF but no charge cradle.  Humm, the search became intense and nothing. I figured I'd purchase another one 2 radios one charger. I quickly found it was no longer available and nothing in the warehouse. Bummer, so today I bought a different one. This time I have a dry box to keep all together.  My luck I'll find the charger and it'll be in plain sight.

Elaine

Mark Neuhaus

Hi Elaine,

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 4:25 PM elaineginader <elaineginader@...> wrote:

Bummer, so today I bought a different one. This time I have a dry box to keep all together.  My luck I'll find the charger and it'll be in plain sight.

Any chance you bought one that has a removable battery pack which you can replace with another back which takes AA or AAA batteries?  My radios are like that and since I carry a whole lot of spare AA batteries for the GPS receiver and flashlights, I should be good if my radio charge fails.  Of course, that implies I was smart enough to bring along the spare back.  :-)

Mark

elaineginader

Hi Mark,

I checked and no my VHF doesn't have a battery pack. I checked before I started this mess and my day went from moderately ok to a disaster. I'm now a victim of a scam which took more money than I want to admit.

If you receive a flashing notice on your computer saying your information has been compromised check before you react. Don't call the number that's provided. Don't purchase gift cards or Xbox cards when they say you'll receive refunds. You don't receive anything.

It's a good thing Fern Ridge Messabout is next weekend it'll be good to get away.

Elaine