Topics

Redwing 21 Pilothouse for sale

Bob Miller

Last week I had a buyer (full asking price) in San Diego (male) from my ad in SCA. We were negotiating delivery and payment options. We paused over the weekend because he had a houseguest. She turned out to be a long-lost love who he had been communicating with since sometime after the death of his wife last year. At the end of the weekend, SHE proposed to Him (at age 70)! This week he accepted. The boat was not part of the deal. How can I not be happy for him? But no boat sale.

So, the Redwing is up for grabs again. The asking price is $10,750. I will discount it 10% to $9,675 for anyone in our wonderful small boat groups reading this email.

Info below and pictures attached.

The boat was built in 2009 by Mike Beemer, Department Chair,  Marine Manufacturing & Technology Center of Excellence, Skagit Valley College, Anacortes, WA. It is a pilothouse version of a Karl Stambaugh design from Chesapeake Marine Design.

I have not cruised with this boat. I have a camp cruising boat (a Drascombe Longboat). This boat was meant to get my wife engaged. Health problems have curtailed that. We finally decided to sell. Marty Loken owned it previously and trailered it up to Desolation Sound and cruised it there, as well as locally. Best cruising speed is about 6 knots. Fuel consumption about 1/2 gal per hour at 1/2 throttle.

It comes with trailer, marine chair (seen in picture), canvas zipped and windowed curtain (1/2 seen in picture), Taylor-made Shade umbrella (seen in  picture), Lowrance GPS, cushions, porta-potti, 20 hp Honda 4 stroke outboard (just serviced), internal 20 gal fuel tank (drained of old fuel).  Less than 500 miles on trailer tires.

Specifications:
Length: 21'-0"
Beam: 7'-6"
Draft: 1'-4"
Weight: 1800 lbs

Cheers,
Bob

Jack Korlann

Great photos and presentation!!!!!

Doug

[...]

Looks like a real good boat, Bob. I hope you find a good home for it.

--
John (@Jkohnen)
Show me a man who has enjoyed his school days and I'll show you a bully and a bore. (Robert Morley)

Bob Miller

Thanks, John -

I've got a serious prospect coming to look at it Wednesday morning (local, this time).

Cheers,
Bob