Topics

Quinn

Teresa Pittman

I found out from his sister today that the fire missed his trailer. He has to deal with some cleanup as the power has been off and some food spoiled. The girlfriend did lose everything where she was living. But she and Abe are okay.

“Throw out the radio and take the fiddle down from the wall.”
— Andrew Nelson Lytle, Tennessee, 1930

David Graybeal

Glad to hear he dodged it.

On a relatred note, I heard from Kay Patteson today, and she's just moved back in to their place in Molalla, after being evacuated for a few days. She's keeping her bags packed, though.

I'm glad Quinn's home survived. Too bad about Abby's. <sigh> Thanks for the update, Teri.

Thanks for the news about Kay, David. The Riverside fire got within a couple of miles of her place. It looks like Joe Nelson's place survived too.

Mary's Brother and sister-in-law live up in the woods off Booth Kelly Rd., between the McKenzie River and Fall Creek. The Holiday Farm fire got about two miles from their home. They bugged out for their condo ay the Coast for the duration.

The fires ar still burning, but they're not growing very fast. Most of the growth now is in industrial forest.

Here's an interesting article:

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/09/21/oregon-wildfires-climate-change-role/

On 9/21/2020 7:53 PM, David G wrote:
Glad to hear he dodged it.
On a relatred note, I heard from Kay Patteson today, and she's just moved back in to their place in Molalla, after being evacuated for a few days. She's keeping her bags packed, though.
The nations of the earth are mostly swayed by fear—fear of the sort that a little cheap oratory turns easily to rage, hate, and violence. (Joseph Conrad)

Fire updates:

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/09/21/oregon-fires-arent-out-but-rebuilding-time-is-here/

If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here. (Alice RooseveltLongworth)