PATROL TORPEDO BOAT

Brian Gage <jamesgage637@...>

John,
I agree, not worth $200...However if it were original equipment from a HIGGINS PT BOAT
it could be worth maybe $2000.
I agree with your idea of hi power binnoculars, or maybe a scoped rifle stand.
It really pays to do research.

B.G.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021, 4:03 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
The brass stand looks like it's made to hold something easily removable.
It's definitely not a binnacle to hold a compass, but it may have been
bolted down to a bridge wing of a ship to hold a pelorus for taking
relative bearings. Or maybe those really high-powered binoculars you see
in some WW II movies. Anything that they might want to bring inside when
not in use...

You're a sucker for interesting old stuff, Brian, but $200 makes that
stand a lot less tempting. ;o)

On 9/10/2021 9:03 PM, Brian G wrote:
> John, That chunk of brass was claimed to be a compass stand on a P T
> Boat. Humm $200 bucks. So I emailed the "BRASS" that has restored the -
> P T 658 - here in Portland .
> After forwarding imiges and waiting it was determined that it is not
> original equipment for a Torpedo Boat! So that's why I'm not buying.

Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless they meet two
conditions: 1. He is a Greek; 2. He is a Fisherman (Roy Blount Jr.)