Orca


Case Turner
 

Hey all Coots

It’s time for Orca to move to a new home. I’d like to keep the boat in the Coot family. It will come with all the sailing gear, engine and running gear. It’s dry stored and on its trailer.

Case

Sent from not here

--
Dirt


elaineginader
 

May I see a picture please.

Elaine

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022, 6:23 PM Case Turner <casesturner@...> wrote:
Hey all Coots

It’s time for Orca to move to a new  home. I’d like to keep the boat in the Coot family. It will come with all the sailing gear, engine and running gear. It’s dry stored and on its trailer.

Case

Sent from not here

--
Dirt






 

I don't have a shot of Orca under sail since Case bought her. Does she still have the same rig as she used to?

https://flic.kr/p/decsTL

On 1/16/2022 6:26 PM, elaine wrote:
May I see a picture please.
--
John <jkohnen@boat-links.com>
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. (Mark Twain)
--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Case Turner
 

Yep are rig.



Sent from not here

On Jan 16, 2022, at 6:37 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

I don't have a shot of Orca under sail since Case bought her. Does she still have the same rig as she used to?

https://flic.kr/p/decsTL

On 1/16/2022 6:26 PM, elaine wrote:
May I see a picture please.
--
John <jkohnen@boat-links.com>
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. (Mark Twain)


--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com






elaineginader
 

Ok, what is her engine and how much are you asking for her?


On Sun, Jan 16, 2022, 7:17 PM Case Turner <dirtsailor2003@...> wrote:
Yep are rig.



Sent from not here

> On Jan 16, 2022, at 6:37 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
>
> I don't have a shot of Orca under sail since Case bought her. Does she still have the same rig as she used to?
>
> https://flic.kr/p/decsTL
>
>> On 1/16/2022 6:26 PM, elaine wrote:
>> May I see a picture please.
>
> --
> John <jkohnen@...>
> Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. (Mark Twain)
>
>
> --
> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
> https://www.avg.com
>
>
>
>
>
>






 

On 1/16/2022 7:17 PM, Case wrote:
Yep are rig.
--
John <jkohnen@boat-links.com>
Logarithmic plots are a device of the devil. (Charles Francis Richter, co-inventor of a logarithmic scale for measuring earthquakes)
--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Richard Green
 

Mighty pretty boat, looks like a feller would proud to own it.

Rich G

On Jan 16, 2022, at 8:14 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

Like this?

https://flic.kr/p/qZDeiM

On 1/16/2022 7:17 PM, Case wrote:
Yep are rig.
--
John <jkohnen@boat-links.com>
Logarithmic plots are a device of the devil. (Charles Francis Richter, co-inventor of a logarithmic scale for measuring earthquakes)


--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com






 

Dick Mitsch built Orca way back when, before I met him. He took plans in Wooden Boat for a Yankee Tender and stretched them a few feet, and adjusted things to suit his eye. Dick helped his big brother, Bob, build another boat to the same design, Bacchus.

Orca has had several incarnations. You can get an idea from these photos:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yx4n33w6

or

https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=43145927%40N00&sort=date-taken-desc&text=orca%20mitsch&view_all=1

On 1/17/2022 7:54 AM, Rich G wrote:
Mighty pretty boat, looks like a feller would proud to own it.
--
John <jkohnen@boat-links.com>
After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known quotations. (H. L. Mencken on Shakespeare)
--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


elaineginader
 

Thank you John..

Very nice looking boat, waiting on engine and price but I've had no response.

Elaine

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022, 2:58 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Dick Mitsch built Orca way back when, before I met him. He took plans in
Wooden Boat for a Yankee Tender and stretched them a few feet, and
adjusted things to suit his eye. Dick helped his big brother, Bob, build
another boat to the same design, Bacchus.

Orca has had several incarnations. You can get an idea from these photos:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yx4n33w6

or

https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=43145927%40N00&sort=date-taken-desc&text=orca%20mitsch&view_all=1

On 1/17/2022 7:54 AM, Rich G wrote:
> Mighty pretty boat, looks like a feller would proud to own it.

--
John <jkohnen@...>
After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known
quotations. (H. L. Mencken on Shakespeare)


--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com







Case Turner
 

I haven’t determined a price yet. Orca does have a few cosmetic items that it needs. The old shaft log leaks a bit of water, but swells up and seals after an hour or so. This would be an easy fix I just haven’t taken the time and I was going to RE-install the motor. 

Currently Orca is seaworthy. 

The engine is the 1 cylinder washing machine engine that Dick had in it. Have all the running gear but hasn’t been in the boat for many years. I last ran the engine last year. 

There is a motor well which I filled in, but I did not permanently do that. It’s all removable so an outboard could be used if one wanted too. 

Case

Sent from not here

On Jan 17, 2022, at 3:22 PM, elaineginader <elaineginader@...> wrote:


Thank you John..

Very nice looking boat, waiting on engine and price but I've had no response.

Elaine

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022, 2:58 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Dick Mitsch built Orca way back when, before I met him. He took plans in
Wooden Boat for a Yankee Tender and stretched them a few feet, and
adjusted things to suit his eye. Dick helped his big brother, Bob, build
another boat to the same design, Bacchus.

Orca has had several incarnations. You can get an idea from these photos:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yx4n33w6

or

https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=43145927%40N00&sort=date-taken-desc&text=orca%20mitsch&view_all=1

On 1/17/2022 7:54 AM, Rich G wrote:
> Mighty pretty boat, looks like a feller would proud to own it.

--
John <jkohnen@...>
After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known
quotations. (H. L. Mencken on Shakespeare)


--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com