Topics

OPB program - Red Dot on the Ocean

Mark Neuhaus

Hi folks,

I caught the last few minutes of this show last night and see that it is to
be broadcast again this Sunday. Has this been aired before?

OPB+ Red Dot on the Ocean: The Matthew Rutherford Story
Rutherford risked it all to sail nonstop around North and South America.
(Also Sun 7pm)

Mark

I caught it last night on Amazon Prime. A good film, better than I expected -- it wasn't just somebody sitting on a boat talking to a camera. Rutherford was just an ordinary joe, except for growing up in a cult and having a learning disability and a criminal past, who got ahold of an old, beatup boat (an Albin Vega 27) that wasn't designed for ocean voyaging, and took off and did it. Aside from being a crazy adventure (bit not quite a crazy stunt) it was fundraising effort for an outfit that gets disabled people out sailing. Lots of interesting backstory, and some great shots of the ocean and ice. Not quite enough of the shots of ocean and ice, but you should watch it anyway.

https://reddotontheocean.com/

--
John (@Jkohnen)
The man who would be fully employed should procure a ship or a woman, for no two things produce more trouble. (Plautus)

Jove Lachman-Curl

Thanks guys,
this sounds great!
-Jove