Topics

Non-Powered Coast Boating Opportunity This Weekend

If you want an excuse to do some rowing or paddling at the Coast there's a swimming non-event at Eel Lake that could use some safety escorts. Ralph Mohr wrote:

"This weekend, Aug. 8-9, was supposed to be the Eel Lake open water swims, which, of course, have been cancelled. However, a few masters swimmers from various parts of the state, Portland, Corvallis, Bend, are coming to Eel Lake anyway. There will two semi-formal swims, Saturday and Sunday, 9 AM, starting from our usual spot to the north of the boat ramp. We will keep our distance in and out of the water, but we will start as a group. Kayakers and paddle boarders as safety escorts are welcome, too. Come and join us.

"Ralph

"P.S. Water temp the last time I measured it at Eel was 71.9 F."

Eel Lake is north of Tenmile Lakes, between Reedsport and North Bend:

http://www.coots.org/MapImages/CoastLakes/EelMap.png

https://oregonlakesatlas.org/lake/17100304000654#text-section

I have no truck with lettuce, cabbage, and similar chlorophyll. Any dietician will tell you that a running foot of apple strudel contains four times the vitamins of a bushel of beans. (S. J. Perelman)