NEW TOPIC (but I don't know how to do that, officially)

Dan

Nothing official...but Jamie the Seadog and I were wondering if we were to
show up at Fern Ridge about the middle of April, on a weekend, would
anybody bring a boat and go on an overnight down to the jungle, with us?
After maintaining a bubble for a 3-generational household (4, counting the
dog) for a year, I got my second jab TODAY!!!! We are suffering from
"irrational exuberance" and would be willing to drive the 1200 mile round
trip for some sort of company. If you want, you can PM me at
DanAshore@conceptcable.com. Thanks, Dan.

Josh

1200 miles is a ways, where you coming from? I'm assuming you used to live here since you know about Fernridge.
Josh

Almostcanada...

On March 12, 2021 7:08:46 PM PST, Josh wrote:
1200 miles is a ways, where you coming from? I'm assuming you used to
live here since you know about Fernridge.
Josh

A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought. (Lord Peter Wimsey)
Sent from some sort of mobile device.

Dan

Josh...no, never lived in Cootcountry. Just looking for some company of
the boating persuasion. So, John? Bob? Earl? How about 16-18 April, at
Richardson????? If no takers, I may try Toledo. But it would be fun to
make a pilgrimage to Scott's Yard of Dangerous Delights on the way up the
hill, first. C'monnnnnnnn guyzzzz...

elaineginader

That would be fun, let me see if I can join you.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021, 6:19 AM Dan <danashore@...> wrote:
Josh...no, never lived in Cootcountry.  Just looking for some company of
the boating persuasion.  So, John?  Bob? Earl?  How about 16-18 April, at
Richardson?????  If no takers, I may try Toledo.  But it would be fun to
make a pilgrimage to Scott's Yard of Dangerous Delights on the way up the
hill, first.  C'monnnnnnnn guyzzzz...

Josh

Fri, sat, Sunday are my busiest shifts of the week.

Pete Leenhouts

Dan - The jungle?

Don't have a boat to bring, though. Not of that size.

By mid-April, our second shot should've taken effect and we should be good to go, though.

Glad to see you survived the winter! (grin)

Pete

Nothing official...but Jamie the Seadog and I were wondering if we were to
show up at Fern Ridge about the middle of April, on a weekend, would
anybody bring a boat and go on an overnight down to the jungle, with us?
After maintaining a bubble for a 3-generational household (4, counting the
dog) for a year, I got my second jab TODAY!!!!  We are suffering from
"irrational exuberance" and would be willing to drive the 1200 mile round
trip for some sort of company.  If you want, you can PM me at
DanAshore@....  Thanks, Dan.

I'll throw this out here in public because it has bearing on the scheduling of this completely UNOFFICIAL visit from Dan: me and Mary are gonna be spending April 17-19th at a hotel in Yachats. I get my second jab on the 28th, and Mary gets hers about the same time, so we'll be invincible by then. <g>

To start a new topis, Dan, just send an email to oregoncoots@groups.io .

On 3/12/2021 5:53 PM, Dan in Almostcanada wrote:
Nothing official...but Jamie the Seadog and I were wondering if we were to
show up at Fern Ridge about the middle of April, on a weekend, would
anybody bring a boat and go on an overnight down to the jungle, with us?
After maintaining a bubble for a 3-generational household (4, counting the
dog) for a year, I got my second jab TODAY!!!! We are suffering from
"irrational exuberance" and would be willing to drive the 1200 mile round
trip for some sort of company. If you want, you can PM me at
DanAshore@conceptcable.com. Thanks, Dan.
Correlation does not imply causation; except, of course, to your cat. (Craig O'Donnell)

Dan hasn't survived the winter yet -- there was till snow on the ground when I talked to him the other day. He and Jamie have been spending a lot of time out in the driveway sitting in Walkabout to get away from all the women in the house. ;o)

The "Jungle" is the old channel of Coyote Creek in the southeast corner of Fern Ridge. It winds through a jungly forest with Spanish moss draped trees, then comes out into an open marsh. A nice place to visit. In a small sailboat you can get up there in an hour and a half, or two, then take the rest of the day to beat back to the parks at the north end of the lake against the summer afternoon north wind . <g>

http://www.coots.org/MapImages/ValleyLakes/FernRidgeMap.png

https://oregonlakesatlas.org/map?lake=17090003017645

If you don't have a boat you can sleep aboard, there's camping at Richardson Park, and transient moorings:

http://reservations.lanecounty.org/

On 3/13/2021 10:41 AM, Pete L wrote:
Dan - The jungle?
Don't have a boat to bring, though. Not of that size.
By mid-April, our second shot should've taken effect and we should be good to go, though.
Glad to see you survived the winter! (grin)
The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. (Neil deGrasse Tyson)

Dan

Ahoy, Capt. Pete!!

Yes, we seem to have survived the minefield, so far. (Of course, we
recall the slogan about every ship...) My op-radius has been clipped by
continuing responsibilities during most weekdays; however, that hop to
Sucia in some form would now be doable--and delightful. I did try several
more times, and then gave up on putting Miss K back into service for loaner
status--I do seem to devour otherwise happy outboard motors. As I count on
my mental fingers, there are about 8 hanging on racks in my lawn mower shed
with varying histories of interventions gone wide of the mark. Deep sigh.

This step off the scheduled path is nothing more than a visceral need for
some sort of company of the boatguy/gal persuasion. I'll likely disrupt
the normal rhythm in such an attempt. Single up! v/r Dan.

Bob Miller

Dan -

As motor only, do you carry a backup onboard?

Bob

Sender notified by
Mailtrack 03/14/21, 11:13:36 AM

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 10:26 AM Dan <danashore@...> wrote:
Ahoy, Capt. Pete!!

Yes, we seem to have survived the minefield, so far.  (Of course, we
recall the slogan about every ship...)  My op-radius has been clipped by
continuing responsibilities during most weekdays; however,  that hop to
Sucia in some form would now be doable--and delightful.  I did try several
more times, and then gave up on putting Miss K back into service for loaner
status--I do seem to devour otherwise happy outboard motors.  As I count on
my mental fingers, there are about 8 hanging on racks in my lawn mower shed
with varying histories of interventions gone wide of the mark.  Deep sigh.

This step off the scheduled path is nothing more than a visceral need for
some sort of company of the boatguy/gal persuasion.  I'll likely disrupt
the normal rhythm in such an attempt.  Single up!  v/r Dan.

Dan

Hi Bob.

Yeah, belt and suspenders. I have a couple small kickers that fit on a
bracket to port, and I'm putting a really big solar panel up on the
housetop to back up the couple gp 27's with a trolling motor that is mostly
there for maneuvering in close to the beach in my backing-in with bow hook.
But, that's all on Walkabout. i was trying to get a main up and running
for Miss Kathleen to put her in service, when I got "other
responsibilities..." The beat goes on. Dan.