Topics

New post on my blog

Brandon

I haven't posted much on my blog since returning from our cruise. But Jove's questions about my boat and some blog readers inspired me to publish a new post. Here it is:

Hope you are all staying well.

Brandon
SV Oceanus, 1971 Columbia 43

Jove Lachman-Curl

Great write up Brandon.
Thanks for sharing. It looks like a magnificent boat.
There is one for sale right now.
https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1974/columbia-43-mkiii-2724642/
I'm going to be in Olympia in the coming weeks and months, and I'd love to meet you and see your boat if the opportunity comes up.

I just leased a slip at WestBay, and will probably move my boat over to Swantown when they have space.
I recently bought a Pearson 33-1 in Everett and will be moving it down soon. This is the first time I've mentioned this purchase on the Coots list.
I'll send a little more info about the boat soon, it's an exciting big milestone for me.

-Jove

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 9:20 AM Brandon via groups.io <brandonfordus=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I haven't posted much on my blog since returning from our cruise. But Jove's questions about my boat and some blog readers inspired me to publish a new post. Here it is:

Hope you are all staying well.

Brandon
SV Oceanus, 1971 Columbia 43

Congratulations, Jove. A big milestone, indeed! :o) I hope you have a lot of good adventures in it.

Is "Pearson 33-1" a retronym for the original Pearson 33?

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/pearson-33

Or is it something in between the original 33 and the 33-2?

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/pearson-33-2

I like the original, and it's probably built solider too.

On 1/28/2021 12:02 PM, Jove wrote:
I just leased a slip at WestBay, and will probably move my boat over to Swantown when they have space.
I recently bought a Pearson 33-1 in Everett and will be moving it down soon. This is the first time I've mentioned this purchase on the Coots list.
I'll send a little more info about the boat soon, it's an exciting big milestone for me.
I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. (Everett Dirksen)

Good article, Brandon. :o)

On 1/28/2021 9:20 AM, Brandon F wrote:
I haven't posted much on my blog since returning from our cruise. But Jove's questions about my boat and some blog readers inspired me to publish a new post. Here it is:
Hot racing yacht now a comfortable, fast cruiser at 50 https://hagothlog.blogspot.com/2021/01/hot-racing-yacht-now-comfortable-fast.html
War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today. (John F. Kennedy)