Topics

Jim's Duckboat ("cartop canoe")

I got a request from someone with a very, very strange return address, who'd seen the Coot Calendar, for info on Jim C's "cartop canoe". I'm afraid to reply to them directly, so here's the info:

Martha is a 10' x 40" Pintail duckboat, designed by William D. Jackson for Popular Mechanics, or one of its sister magazines. I have a copy of the plans, but wouldn't feel right posting them in public. It looks like it'd be OK to give them to someone privately.

Martha has been a Good Boat for Jim to use in quiet waters:

https://flic.kr/p/251YLZx

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. (Mark Twain)

imua20

As you were John. Found the magazine article online. Thanks for the the designer & boat names,

Lee

--
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. (Mark Twain)

Can you tell us where you found the Pintail article, Lee?

On 12/27/2020 3:31 PM, Lee B wrote:
As you were John. Found the magazine article online. Thanks for the the designer & boat names,
We have really everything in common with America nowadays except, of course, language. (Oscar Wilde)

I don't know if this is where Lee found the Pintail plans, but here's a place to get them:

https://www.diy-wood-boat.com/support-files/pintail.pdf

Better scans than the ones on the disc I bought years ago.

On 12/27/2020 4:05 PM, I wrote:
Can you tell us where you found the Pintail article, Lee?
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field. (Niels Bohr)