Topics

Help with a Hobie Cat

Some friends of Mary's have acquired a Hobie 16 for use on Fern Ridge. They want a tutorial (or maybe two) on how to rig it, and maybe a sailing lesson or two. They moght even be willing to compensate a helper for their time.

If anyone is interested, or knows someone who might be, email me and I'll give you their contact info.

If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read "President Can't Swim.” (Lyndon Johnson)

Case Turner

They should get in touch with Hobie fleet 72 in PDX.

There is also a place in Hood River (can’t remember the name) that offers Hobie lessons and classes on rigging sailing etc.

Case

Sent from not here

On Jan 17, 2020, at 12:56 AM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

Some friends of Mary's have acquired a Hobie 16 for use on Fern Ridge. They want a tutorial (or maybe two) on how to rig it, and maybe a sailing lesson or two. They moght even be willing to compensate a helper for their time.

If anyone is interested, or knows someone who might be, email me and I'll give you their contact info.

If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read "President Can't Swim.” (Lyndon Johnson)

Thanks, Case. I passed that on to them. There are Hobie sailors, and other "beach cat" sailors, on Fern Ridge, and I hope I can shake a few loose who are willing to help.

On 1/17/2020 2:03 AM, Case wrote:
They should get in touch with Hobie fleet 72 in PDX.
There is also a place in Hood River (can’t remember the name) that offers Hobie lessons and classes on rigging sailing etc.
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. (Anne Lamott)