Topics

Happy New Year! (formerly Merry Christmas everybody!)

Jamie Orr

Wow, I'd forgotten that snow.  I had (think I still have) a picture of me and Boatman Bob (I think) in the middle of the harbour with the snow falling.  I'm going to have to find that again, put it up in pride of place.  I stepped outside on Christmas Eve this year to play some carols but had to give up after a couple as my reed couldn't stand the cold - it got down to freezing for a couple of nights, I'm going to complain to the Tourist Board.

However, being surrounded by the liquid kind of water here, we had a good New Year's sail on Monday, five boats with six bodies sailing in Cowichan Bay.  We thought it might just be a drift, but some wind came up and out in the channel I'd have reefed if it wasn't easier just to run back into the bay.

Cheers, all,

Jamie

David Graybeal

Happy New Year to you too Jamie!. And to all the Coots - wherever you are!

elaineginader

Have a very Happy New Year all.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020, 7:11 PM Jamie Orr via groups.io <jas_orr=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wow, I'd forgotten that snow.  I had (think I still have) a picture of me and Boatman Bob (I think) in the middle of the harbour with the snow falling.  I'm going to have to find that again, put it up in pride of place.  I stepped outside on Christmas Eve this year to play some carols but had to give up after a couple as my reed couldn't stand the cold - it got down to freezing for a couple of nights, I'm going to complain to the Tourist Board.

However, being surrounded by the liquid kind of water here, we had a good New Year's sail on Monday, five boats with six bodies sailing in Cowichan Bay.  We thought it might just be a drift, but some wind came up and out in the channel I'd have reefed if it wasn't easier just to run back into the bay.

Cheers, all,

Jamie

I think that was "only" sleet when you were piping for the boat blessing. Same year as the snow, but the snow fell the next morning. That was a weird weekend, even for the Oregon Coast, with alternating sunshine and miserable weather. <g> The snow was pretty, though. :o)

https://flic.kr/p/4KjdMb

https://flic.kr/p/4KeYFM

Looks like a fun sail, Jamie. I think we can all see the photos here, even if we don't subscribe:

https://groups.io/g/SSSBS/topics

Happy New Year to everybody! Let's have a good one!

On 12/31/2020 7:11 PM, Jamie wrote:
Wow, I'd forgotten that snow.  I had (think I still have) a picture of me and Boatman Bob (I think) in the middle of the harbour with the snow falling.  I'm going to have to find that again, put it up in pride of place.  I stepped outside on Christmas Eve this year to play some carols but had to give up after a couple as my reed couldn't stand the cold - it got down to freezing for a couple of nights, I'm going to complain to the Tourist Board.
However, being surrounded by the liquid kind of water here, we had a good New Year's sail on Monday, five boats with six bodies sailing in Cowichan Bay.  We thought it might just be a drift, but some wind came up and out in the channel I'd have reefed if it wasn't easier just to run back into the bay.
Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers. (Lewis Mumford)

David Graybeal

The snow was gorgeous, indeed. One of my favorite memories of the D Bay show.