Topics

Halloween float

elaineginader

Hi all, I know October is a ways away but has anyone thought of going to the Halloween Float this year? My boating season has been pretty much a wash this year due to all of our Covid 19 status. A float down a calm and soothing high tide would do the trick for me. Social distancing would be easy to do even at the pizza place at the end. Thought I'd take my wood kayak this time. So let's see how many will be willing to join me.

Elaine

I think we can do the Halloween and After Thanksgiving floats safely. Pizza afterwards may not work -- eating pizza with a mask on would be difficult. <g> Maybe we could get pizza to go and eat it outside, or on the dock. Weather permitting.

Me and Earl, and Bob l and Charley, have been having some mini-messabouts at Fern Ridge, with masks and/or social distancing. Tuffy, Dr. Petra, Wave Guide, and Toledo Joe's Good Girl (though we haven't seen Joe) are all moored at Richardson Park.

On 7/17/2020 10:37 PM, Elaine wrote:
Hi all, I know October is a ways away but has anyone thought of going to the Halloween Float this year? My boating season has been pretty much a wash this year due to all of our Covid 19 status. A float down a calm and soothing high tide would do the trick for me. Social distancing would be easy to do even at the pizza place at the end. Thought I'd take my wood kayak this time. So let's see how many will be willing to join me.
I can't take a well-tanned person seriously. (Cleveland Amory)

elaineginader

If I can work it out as I'm a working gal I would love to try and join you guys at Fren Ridge with Larimar. It would be great to see how she flies with her sails up.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020, 10:02 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
I think we can do the Halloween and After Thanksgiving floats safely.
Pizza afterwards may not work -- eating pizza with a mask on would be
difficult. <g> Maybe we could get pizza to go and eat it outside, or on
the dock. Weather permitting.

Me and Earl, and Bob l and Charley, have been having some
mini-messabouts at Fern Ridge, with masks and/or social distancing.
Tuffy, Dr. Petra, Wave Guide, and Toledo Joe's Good Girl (though we
haven't seen Joe) are all moored at Richardson Park.

On 7/17/2020 10:37 PM, Elaine wrote:
> Hi all, I know October is a ways away but has anyone thought of going to
> the Halloween Float this year? My boating season has been pretty much a
> wash this year due to all of our Covid 19 status. A float down a calm
> and soothing high tide would do the trick for me. Social distancing
> would be easy to do even at the pizza place at the end. Thought I'd take
> my wood kayak this time. So let's see how many will be willing to join me.

I can't take a well-tanned person seriously. (Cleveland Amory)

Joe Novello

I moved Good Girl down to Richardson about three weeks ago. My wife and I have been camping there every other week from Sunday through Thursday since they opened in June.  I’ve been out sailing and it is quite windy - which Good Girl handles with ease. Lots of fun for sure.

We are headed out there again on Sunday. Maybe we will see some of you there at some point during the week.

Joe