Topics

Garden Eel?

While looking through old photos for the Coot calendar I stumbled on this boat. We saw it on a trip up to Willamette Falls in Jetman Dan's whaleboat back in 2010. Could this be a daysailer version of Wm. Garden's (another "agricultural" name <g>) Eel? Did Schooner Creek make any like this? See attachment.

Time spent with a cat is never wasted. (Colette)

Never mind... I see now that Garden's original design was for the open version, not the cuddy version I've usually seen... Given the location of the sighting, Odalisque is probably a Schooner Creek Eel.

That was a fun day on the water, even though Dan's whaleboat had a REAL LOUD engine. <g>

On 11/29/2020 3:01 PM, I wrote:
While looking through old photos for the Coot calendar I stumbled on this boat. We saw it on  a trip up to Willamette Falls in Jetman Dan's whaleboat back in 2010. Could this be a daysailer version of Wm. Garden's (another "agricultural" name <g>) Eel? Did Schooner Creek make any like this? See attachment.
The lack of a sense of history is the damnation of the modern world. (Robert Penn Warren)

Marty

John - Yes, Schooner Creek did build some open daysailer versions of the classic Wm. Garden Eel design...but maybe only a few before shifting focus to the cuddy-cabin model. They also produced two raised-deck Eels, one of them being the boat I restored a few years back. - Marty

Claire Acord

And a super lovely job you did Marty!  <g>
cheers
Claire
image.png

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 9:52 AM Marty <norseboater22@...> wrote:
John - Yes, Schooner Creek did build some open daysailer versions of the classic Wm. Garden Eel design...but maybe only a few before shifting focus to the cuddy-cabin model. They also produced two raised-deck Eels, one of them being the boat I restored a few years back. - Marty

elaineginader

Love the painting Claire.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020, 9:56 AM Claire Acord <whidbeyboatpainter@...> wrote:
And a super lovely job you did Marty!  <g>
cheers
Claire
image.png

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 9:52 AM Marty <norseboater22@...> wrote:
John - Yes, Schooner Creek did build some open daysailer versions of the classic Wm. Garden Eel design...but maybe only a few before shifting focus to the cuddy-cabin model. They also produced two raised-deck Eels, one of them being the boat I restored a few years back. - Marty

Thanks, Marty. Eels are sure beautiful boats, and Schooner Creek built some nice ones. :o)

On 11/30/2020 9:52 AM, Marty wrote:
John - Yes, Schooner Creek did build some open daysailer versions of the classic Wm. Garden Eel design...but maybe only a few before shifting focus to the cuddy-cabin model. They also produced two raised-deck Eels, one of them being the boat I restored a few years back. - Marty
You have not converted a man because you have silenced him. (John Morley)

Beautiful painting of Marty's Eel, Claire. :o)

On 11/30/2020 9:56 AM, Claire wrote:
And a super lovely job you did Marty!  <g>
cheers
Only ideas won by walking have any value. (Friedrich Nietzsche)