Full Steam Ahead at Toledo

Bud called me. Alas, it's looking like there won't be a full-blown Toledo Wooden Boat Show in August. We'll see for sure in a few months, but...

So, falling back to smaller options, we're still invited to a gathering of the boat nuts on the docks that weekend. Bud talked to Stephanie, sparkplug (do steamboats have sparkplugs? <g>) of the NW Steam Society, and she was excited about coming to Toledo for the get-together. I think she's getting stir crazy. <g> Would that be OK with you Coots? I think we all enjoyed having the steamers and their boats when they came a few years ago.

Steam is the friend of man. Steam engines are very human. Their very weaknesses are understandable. Steam engines do not flash back and blow your face in. They do not short-circuit and rive your heart with imponderable electric force. They have arms and legs and warm hearts and veins full of warm vapor. Give us steam every time. You know where you are with steam. (William McFee)

Dan

Now, there's STAR POWER ferya...

I hope not too much "star power". <g> The plan is for a get-together --
dare I say "messabout? <g> -- for the boat nuts: Coots, Retired Old Geezers, steamers and other past exhibitors; to keep the enthusiasm and momentum going. We don't want to attract crowds. But I expect only a few steam nuts will show up. Stephanie isn't gonna be advertising the event, just putting the word out by email. I'm talking about it out in the open here, but won't be putting anything in the Coot page on the Interweb or the "official" schedule.

If you're wondering why Bud isn't relaxing at his villa in France, he said the Covid is much worse there than in Lincoln County, and besides the Port is paying him as a consultant to help with the transfer of power.

On 3/15/2021 8:35 AM, Dan in Almostcanada wrote:
Now, there's STAR POWER ferya...
Never lose a chance of saying a kind word. (William Makepeace Thackeray)

David Graybeal

I love that you're working to keep the options open. And I'd love to see it happen. Safely. Just not sure about how safe things will seem at that point... so will be playing it by ear as the time gets closer. Thanks!