Topics

For those interested in Shanty Boats

Andrew Linn

Besides Rick Johnson's Haus2.0 in Toledo, this is another shanty boat (shantyboat?) for someone to look at. More apartment than boat.
https://www.littlethings.com/diy-tiny-houseboat/

Can someone post a link to Rick's boat? My google fu is weak today.

Hank

Sure a beautiful job on building a boat.  Not sure it would be a very good live aboard on a full time basis.

Hank

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 7:11 AM Andrew Linn <alinn@...> wrote:
Besides Rick Johnson's Haus2.0 in Toledo, this is another shanty boat
(shantyboat?) for someone to look at. More apartment than boat.
https://www.littlethings.com/diy-tiny-houseboat/

Can someone post a link to Rick's boat? My google fu is weak today.

Richard Green

I”ve lived on smaller.  3 1/2 years living aboard Passage back when……I was younger.  Sort of like camping in a hard tent.  Standing headroom in the Diane’s Rose would be a luxury.

Rich

On Sep 1, 2019, at 9:23 AM, Hank <happyhank07@...> wrote:

Sure a beautiful job on building a boat.  Not sure it would be a very good live aboard on a full time basis.

Hank

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 7:11 AM Andrew Linn <alinn@...> wrote:
Besides Rick Johnson's Haus2.0 in Toledo, this is another shanty boat
(shantyboat?) for someone to look at. More apartment than boat.
https://www.littlethings.com/diy-tiny-houseboat/

Can someone post a link to Rick's boat? My google fu is weak today.

Rick's Gypsy Rose is for sale:

https://www.haus2o.com/

She's built to sleep a bunch of people for a few days at a time. It's take some work to make her suitable for living aboard. But I'll bet you could get a deal on dock fees if you kept her in Toledo.

--
John (@Jkohnen)
Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers. (Lewis Mumford)

Dianne's Rose! She was featured in some articles in Duckworks Magazine, and posts on the Duckworks Yahoo group. She doesn't just sit around.

http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/13/designs/rose/#.XWxBH3t7lJQ

http://duckworksmagazine.com/14/designs/diannerose/#.XWxAZHt7mcg

http://duckworksmagazine.com/16/projects/rose/#.XWxBZ3t7mcg

On 9/1/2019 7:11 AM, Andrew wrote:
Besides Rick Johnson's Haus2.0 in Toledo, this is another shanty boat (shantyboat?) for someone to look at. More apartment than boat.
https://www.littlethings.com/diy-tiny-houseboat/
John (@Jkohnen)
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. (Mark Twain)

elaineginader

I didn't see the asking price.

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019, 2:58 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Rick's Gypsy Rose is for sale:

https://www.haus2o.com/

She's built to sleep a bunch of people for a few days at a time. It's
take some work to make her suitable for living aboard. But I'll bet you
could get a deal on dock fees if you kept her in Toledo.

On 9/1/2019 7:11 AM, Andrew  wrote:
> Besides Rick Johnson's Haus2.0 in Toledo, this is another shanty boat
> (shantyboat?) for someone to look at. More apartment than boat.
> https://www.littlethings.com/diy-tiny-houseboat/
>
> Can someone post a link to Rick's boat? My google fu is weak today.

--
John (jkohnen@...)
Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its
grandfathers. (Lewis Mumford)

You'll have to talk to Rick about that. I didn't see the price either. Contact info at the bottom of Gypsy Rose's page, or ask me for his email.

On 9/1/2019 4:06 PM, elaine wrote:
I didn't see the asking price.
On Sun, Sep 1, 2019, 2:58 PM I wrote:
Rick's Gypsy Rose is for sale:
https://www.haus2o.com/
She's built to sleep a bunch of people for a few days at a time. It's
take some work to make her suitable for living aboard. But I'll bet you
could get a deal on dock fees if you kept her in Toledo.
--
John (@Jkohnen)
No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. (Samuel Johnson)

Hank

I got a note that said he is using a bid system and latest bid so far was $36,000.

Hank

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 6:07 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
You'll have to talk to Rick about that. I didn't see the price either.
Contact info at the bottom of Gypsy Rose's page, or ask me for his email.

On 9/1/2019 4:06 PM, elaine wrote:
> I didn't see the asking price.
>
> On Sun, Sep 1, 2019, 2:58 PM I wrote:
>
>     Rick's Gypsy Rose is for sale:
>
>     https://www.haus2o.com/
>
>     She's built to sleep a bunch of people for a few days at a time. It's
>     take some work to make her suitable for living aboard. But I'll bet you
>     could get a deal on dock fees if you kept her in Toledo.

--
John (jkohnen@...)
No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into
jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being
drowned... A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better
company.  (Samuel Johnson)

Richard Green

I kinda gathered from his page that he is selling a “hotel room” business as opposed to just the houseboat?

Rich