Fern Ridge Water Level


 

The spreadsheet showing the depths at the Orchard Point and Richardson ramps and docks is working again:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/FRDepths

Over 4 1/2 feet to go to get to full. 25% behind where we should be now, and the outflow is greater than the inflow! <sigh> Pray for rain!

https://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/nwp/teacup/willamette/frn.pdf

--
John <jkohnen@boat-links.com>
I cannot help thinking that the people with motor boats miss a great deal. If they would only keep to rowboats or canoes, and use oar or paddle... they would get infinitely more benefit than by having their work done for them by gasoline. (Theodore Roosevelt)


--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


cherrill boissonou
 

(Appropriate profanity applies here!) Earl🧙‍♂️🌝⚓️

On Apr 5, 2021, at 5:35 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

The spreadsheet showing the depths at the Orchard Point and Richardson ramps and docks is working again:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/FRDepths

Over 4 1/2 feet to go to get to full. 25% behind where we should be now, and the outflow is greater than the inflow! <sigh> Pray for rain!

https://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/nwp/teacup/willamette/frn.pdf

--
John <jkohnen@boat-links.com>
I cannot help thinking that the people with motor boats miss a great deal. If they would only keep to rowboats or canoes, and use oar or paddle... they would get infinitely more benefit than by having their work done for them by gasoline. (Theodore Roosevelt)


--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com






Jove Lachman-Curl
 

That is frustrating,
Seems like they will need to change their procedure to start capturing water a few weeks earlier.
-Jove

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 9:21 PM cherrill boissonou <cboissonou@...> wrote:
(Appropriate profanity applies here!) Earl🧙‍♂️🌝⚓️
> On Apr 5, 2021, at 5:35 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
>
> The spreadsheet showing the depths at the Orchard Point and Richardson ramps and docks is working again:
>
> https://preview.tinyurl.com/FRDepths
>
> Over 4 1/2 feet to go to get to full. 25% behind where we should be now, and the outflow is greater than the inflow! <sigh> Pray for rain!
>
> https://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/nwp/teacup/willamette/frn.pdf
>
> --
> John <jkohnen@...>
> I cannot help thinking that the people with motor boats miss a great deal. If they would only keep to rowboats or canoes, and use oar or paddle... they would get infinitely more benefit than by having their work done for them by gasoline. (Theodore Roosevelt)
>
>
> --
> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
> https://www.avg.com
>
>
>
>
>
>






Dan
 

Soooooo, whatcha'think??? Dan.


elaineginader
 

That's what I've been thinking. 


On Tue, Apr 6, 2021, 5:01 PM Dan <danashore@...> wrote:
Soooooo, whatcha'think???  Dan.






 

Changing the schedule (The Curve) for filling and draining a Corps of Engineers reservoir is a major undertaking. It'd probably take years of studies, hearings, and maybe even an act of Congress! <sigh> Sometimes They (probably the civilians who do all the work) have fudged the Curve a bit in January and given us a little head start on filling the lake, but they probably got in trouble with the brass...

The best thing we can do is pray for rain. <sigh>

On 4/6/2021 9:44 AM, Jove wrote:
That is frustrating,
Seems like they will need to change their procedure to start capturing water a few weeks earlier.
--
John <jkohnen@boat-links.com>
A little learning is not a dangerous thing to one who does not mistake it for a great deal. (William Allen White)
--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


 

Is the snow gone in Almostcanada yet? <g>

There's enough water to have fun on Fern Ridge for a while. If you come on the 16-19th you can launch Walkabout and there are places to anchor out, but we won't be able to go through the Jungle. We can meet friends and get Elaine's Enterprise sailing.

On 4/6/2021 5:00 PM, Dan in Almostcanada wrote:
Soooooo, whatcha'think??? Dan.
--
John <jkohnen@boat-links.com>
Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon. (Mark Twain)
--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Dan
 

Tally hooooo...I expect to get underway at about 17-1800 on Wednesday,
after my normal day of chaos, and hopefully reach the muddy shores of the
Land of the Fern Ridgeons by the following evening (Thursday.) HOPING FOR
NOTHING BETTER THAN EARL'S LOVELY SMILE, Bob's erudite elucidations,
Dennis's laconic grin, John's well-referenced comments, Elaine's delighted
countenance (would that be forebearance)?, ...some water to float in will
be a nice addition!!! Dan.


elaineginader
 

Yippee, I'm picking up Larimar (Enterprise) this weekend.  I need to do some canvas work and all around checking. I plan on leaving Friday morning. See everyone there.


On Thu, Apr 8, 2021, 8:19 AM Dan <danashore@...> wrote:
Tally hooooo...I expect to get underway at about 17-1800 on Wednesday,
after my normal day of chaos, and hopefully reach the muddy shores of the
Land of the Fern Ridgeons by the following evening (Thursday.)  HOPING FOR
NOTHING BETTER THAN EARL'S LOVELY SMILE, Bob's erudite elucidations,
Dennis's laconic grin, John's well-referenced comments, Elaine's delighted
countenance (would that be forebearance)?, ...some water to float in will
be a nice addition!!!  Dan.






 

Those of us who use Navionics can get an idea of how much smaller the usable lake is when the water is low. Go to the Menu, then Map Options, and adjust the water level to -5 ft. Today the level is actually about -4.5 ft. I've attached a couple of screenshots of the whole lake. I set the light blue shading at 6 ft. and the "shallow area" with the dots at 3 ft., which seems useful for our small boats. Be aware that the bathymetric data in Navionics is only an approximation.

I look forward to seeing you on the 15th or 16th, Dan! :o)

On 4/8/2021 8:19 AM, Dan in Almostcanada wrote:
Tally hooooo...I expect to get underway at about 17-1800 on Wednesday,
after my normal day of chaos, and hopefully reach the muddy shores of the
Land of the Fern Ridgeons by the following evening (Thursday.) HOPING FOR
NOTHING BETTER THAN EARL'S LOVELY SMILE, Bob's erudite elucidations,
Dennis's laconic grin, John's well-referenced comments, Elaine's delighted
countenance (would that be forebearance)?, ...some water to float in will
be a nice addition!!! Dan.
--
John <jkohnen@boat-links.com>
The problem with some people is that when they aren’t drunk, they’re sober. (William Butler Yeats)
--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com