Topics

Fern Ridge Monday Socially-Distanced Mini-Messabout?

Cal is gonna take Surprise to Richardson Park for some testing. Alas, he didn't say just when. <sigh> Keep your eyes peeled for more details...

"Thinking of looking at a few details on Surprise, top off charge, and head for Richardson docks tomorrow. If there are any others out there and on line, might be a good time to grab a visit ?? Last Friday Earl was there, and Bob Larkin, whom I missed darn it. Had to scooter ride back home early, so missed other coots. Another hot one Mon. so needs a boat and snack break."

The conquest of the earth, which mostly means the taking it away from those who have a different complexion or slightly flatter noses than ourselves, is not a pretty thing when you look into it. (Joseph Conrad)

Joe Novello

I’m camping at Richardson through Thursday. Any idea what time anyone is coming down?  I’ll be watching for a coot or two.

Joe

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 11:30 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Cal is gonna take Surprise to Richardson Park for some testing. Alas, he
didn't say just when. <sigh> Keep your eyes peeled for more details...

"Thinking of looking at a few details on Surprise, top off charge, and
head for Richardson docks tomorrow.  If there are any others out there
and on line, might be a good time to grab a visit ??  Last Friday Earl
was there, and Bob Larkin, whom I missed darn it.  Had to scooter ride
back home early, so  missed other coots.  Another hot one Mon. so needs
a boat and snack break."

The conquest of the earth, which mostly means the taking it away from
those who have a different complexion or slightly flatter noses than
ourselves, is not a pretty thing when you look into it. (Joseph Conrad)

Joe Novello

cherrill boissonou

Joe,
Earl Boissonou here......I’m coming down wed around 10am to haul out Dr. Petra. I’m taking her to Newport for the month of aug.
See you, Earl

On Jul 27, 2020, at 6:30 AM, Joe Novello <joenovello3@...> wrote:

[...]

Elevenish.

On July 27, 2020 6:30:23 AM PDT, Toledo Joe wrote:
I’m camping at Richardson through Thursday. Any idea what time anyone
is
coming down? I’ll be watching for a coot or two.
Cal is gonna take Surprise to Richardson Park for some testing. Alas,
he
didn't say just when. <sigh> Keep your eyes peeled for more
details...
A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought. (Lord Peter Wimsey)
Sent from some sort of mobile device.

Good picture, Josh! :o) For those not familiar with the area, it's the Eugene YC and Richardson Park from a parking lot by the spillways.

On 7/28/2020 11:45 PM, Josh wrote:
Stopped at Fernridge on the way back from a sunset drive to Triangle lake.
A strong nation, like a strong person, can afford to be gentle, firm, thoughtful, and restrained. It can afford to extend a helping hand to others. It is a weak nation, like a weak person, that must behave with bluster and boasting and rashness and other signs of insecurity. (Jimmy Carter)

Bob Larkin

I plan to go for a sail late today (Thurs) from Richardson. If there is decent wind, I may stay out past dinner time. It there is not much wind, I will be in at the Marina for the evening. Maybe see someone there?

I monitor Ch 16, 68, 69

Bob "Wave Guide"

cherrill boissonou

Bob,
Unfortunately I hauled out yesterday and Cherrill and I are headed to a birth at the Embarcadero for the month of August! Sorry I’ll miss you at the lake. Maybe come over to Newport if it works out.
We need to discuss our sept. trip later in the month if Covid19 will allow it.
Talk to you next week.
Earl