Topics

Coots Visit Newport

Robin B made a nice painting of the Coot Fleet tied up on Dock 3. Thanks, Robin!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/48675571291/in/album-72157710663772632/

--
John (@Jkohnen)
The slower the speed, the more interesting the shape; that's a truism in boat design. Low speed requires a degree of symmetry that must be discarded the moment hull speed is approached or exceeded and that's always seemed to me an aesthetic loss that is difficult to recover... (Paul Gartside)

Keith Korporaal

Very nice, Robin B! You thinking of making some prints?

Keith K

On Sep 3, 2019, at 10:46 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

Robin B made a nice painting of the Coot Fleet tied up on Dock 3. Thanks, Robin!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/48675571291/in/album-72157710663772632/

--
John (@Jkohnen)
The slower the speed, the more interesting the shape; that's a truism in boat design. Low speed requires a degree of symmetry that must be discarded the moment hull speed is approached or exceeded and that's always seemed to me an aesthetic loss that is difficult to recover... (Paul Gartside)

Richard Green

What a wonderful piece!!

Rich

On Sep 3, 2019, at 10:46 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

Robin B made a nice painting of the Coot Fleet tied up on Dock 3. Thanks, Robin!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/48675571291/in/album-72157710663772632/

--
John (@Jkohnen)
The slower the speed, the more interesting the shape; that's a truism in boat design. Low speed requires a degree of symmetry that must be discarded the moment hull speed is approached or exceeded and that's always seemed to me an aesthetic loss that is difficult to recover... (Paul Gartside)

Robin Berry

Yer welcome....and thanks for sharing the great images you capture. Can't wait to try a few more.
~Robin

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:46 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Robin B made a nice painting of the Coot Fleet tied up on Dock 3.
Thanks, Robin!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/48675571291/in/album-72157710663772632/

--
John (jkohnen@...)
The slower the speed, the more interesting the shape; that's a truism in
boat design. Low speed requires a degree of symmetry that must be
discarded the moment hull speed is approached or exceeded and that's
always seemed to me an aesthetic loss that is difficult to recover...
(Paul Gartside)

Robin Berry

Hey not a bad idea....maybe some cards...(?)  They are easy to order these days online.