Coot Clubhouse?

The NOAA research vessel Hi'ialakai was decommissioned last December. I'll bet it could be had for a bargain price. <g> Launched in 1984 (may be the newest vessel ever proposed for a Coot Clubhouse) as a US Navy spy ship:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Vindicator_(T-AGOS-3)

Currently located in Newport.

The problem in our country isn't with books being banned, but with people no longer reading. ... You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them. (Ray Bradbury)

Josh

Nice!

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021, 3:06 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
The NOAA research vessel Hi'ialakai was decommissioned last December.
I'll bet it could be had for a bargain price. <g> Launched in 1984 (may
be the newest vessel ever proposed for a Coot Clubhouse) as a US Navy
spy ship:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Vindicator_(T-AGOS-3)

Currently located in Newport.

The problem in our country isn't with books being banned, but with
people no longer reading. ... You don't have to burn books to destroy a
culture. Just get people to stop reading them. (Ray Bradbury)

Probably expensive to run, but I suppose we could just take her up to Toledo and tie her up at the long-term moorage dock. <g>

On 8/27/2021 8:51 PM, Josh wrote:
Nice!
The NOAA research vessel Hi'ialakai was decommissioned last December.
I'll bet it could be had for a bargain price. <g> Launched in 1984 (may
be the newest vessel ever proposed for a Coot Clubhouse) as a US Navy
spy ship:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Vindicator_(T-AGOS-3)
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Vindicator_(T-AGOS-3)>
Currently located in Newport.
I come from a people who gave the Ten Commandments to the world. Time has come to strengthen them by three additional ones, which we ought to adopt and commit ourselves to: thou shall not be a perpetrator; thou shall not be a victim; and thou shall never, but never, be a bystander. (Yehuda Bauer)

Brandon

We used to see it a lot off Maui during whale season. I remember lots of rust streaks. We would have to recruit some youngsters to chip and paint.

Brandon
Oceanus, 1971 Columbia 43
Anchored off McMickin Island

No problem, we'll just get some kids from Toledo high School to do the chipping and painting as part of the "maritime trades" pre-apprenticeship program. Maybe the school district would pay us for giving them the opportunity. <g>

On 8/28/2021 12:43 PM, Brandon wrote:
We used to see it a lot off Maui during whale season. I remember lots of rust streaks. We would have to recruit some youngsters to chip and paint.
I would permit no man, no matter what his color might be, to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him. (Booker T. Washington)

Gerard Mittelstaedt

I promised not to look at boats that I could not afford to paint.
Sometimes I look anyway.
- Gerard M.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 1:31 AM John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

Probably expensive to run, but I suppose we could just take her up to
Toledo and tie her up at the long-term moorage dock. <g>

On 8/27/2021 8:51 PM, Josh wrote:
Nice!

The NOAA research vessel Hi'ialakai was decommissioned last December.
I'll bet it could be had for a bargain price. <g> Launched in 1984 (may
be the newest vessel ever proposed for a Coot Clubhouse) as a US Navy
spy ship:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Vindicator_(T-AGOS-3)
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Vindicator_(T-AGOS-3)>

Currently located in Newport.
I come from a people who gave the Ten Commandments to the world. Time
has come to strengthen them by three additional ones, which we ought to
adopt and commit ourselves to: thou shall not be a perpetrator; thou
shall not be a victim; and thou shall never, but never, be a bystander.
(Yehuda Bauer)

Gerard Mittelstaedt -- mittel48@gmail.com
McAllen, Texas
USA

Some years ago something I'd always dreaded might happen while I was getting to my spot for the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival happened -- I bumped into one of the big, expensive yachts. A Trumpy. I went over and apologized, and meekly accepted a dressing sown from the Trumpy's owner. He was a bit full of himself. I had to bite my tongue when he got to the part where he said that if the special paint he'd had put on the topsides got scratched or nicked, it couldn't be touched up, he'd have to have the whole side of the (Big) boat painted! I desperately wanted to say, "that sure is lousy paint! If I get a scratch in the latex house paint I use on my boat I just wash the spot and slap some more on, and after a while nobody even notices the touch-up." ;o)

On 9/6/2021 4:43 PM, Gerard M wrote:
I promised not to look at boats that I could not afford to paint.
Sometimes I look anyway.
Life's more amusing than we thought. (Andrew Lang)