Columbia trip, take 2
Okay, then. It appears next week's try at a cruise to a non-existent messabout is not going to happen. As an alternative, Lee suggested the week of the 27th and maybe going upstream from a Portland site. That would work for me and it sounds like Myles could make it, too.
I can see gathering at Sand Island and going downstream for a night (Martin Island lagoon, Kalama, Walker Island float?) and come back for a night and then heading upstream (Fred's Marina, Government Island, Camas?) for a night or two. However many nights we go in either direction, we would end up back at Sand Island. I believe the Sand Island campground ($) is still open (year-round?) and that would allow non-cabin boats to attend, if so desired.
By going both directions from Sand Island, maybe someone who can't make the whole trip can come for half of it?
John do you have any inkling of a delivery date? If your part arrives in time, would that week work for you?
Earl, would the scenario fit your schedule?
Elaine, could you bring Belle Star down or camp on the island if someone shuttled you over?
Bob L., any interest?
Or any other thoughts/ideas?
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
The sound of going up river sounds great to me. Do we have a schedule in mind? If nothing else I can possibly make it to part of it. Bell Starr has a great 9.9 Honda in well motor. The 27th also sounds good. I still can't make it during the week. I'd need to know if there's moorage fees at any of the stops.
On Thu, Sep 9, 2021, 7:11 PM Mark Neuhaus <moonlitturtle1934@...> wrote:
Good Idea. It probably always was a bad idea to have the September messabout so soon after the Port Townsend Festival anyway, though this year only Earl was affected.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
My Merc parts... When I ordered them almost three weeks ago they were all listed as "in stock", but after a while I got a message saying the manufacturer had changed their delivery date (wait! if they were in stock what does the manufacturer have to do with it?) and now I could expect the parts on September 10th (today). After a long silence I got a message this morning saying my parts were shipped yesterday and I should expect them to arrive on September 14th. We'll see... <sigh> Too late to do the originally scheduled messabout. I hope they get here before the rescheduled messabout. <g>
On 9/9/2021 7:11 PM, Mark N wrote:
Okay, then. It appears next week's try at a cruise to a non-existent messabout is not going to happen. As an alternative, Lee suggested the week of the 27th and maybe going upstream from a Portland site. That would work for me and it sounds like Myles could make it, too.--
The slower the speed, the more interesting the shape; that's a truism in boat design. Low speed requires a degree of symmetry that must be discarded the moment hull speed is approached or exceeded and that's always seemed to me an aesthetic loss that is difficult to recover... (Paul Gartside)
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.