Topics

Cheap and/or Free Boats

Scott Coleman told me he has a Stevenson Weekender in his yard that needs a home. He was busy pulling boats when I called, but it sounds like it may not survive much longer if nobody gets it.

John Lawless will _give_ his SF Bay Mercury to a GOOD home. It's a very nice boat, but has some rot problems in the plywood bottom -- and who knows what else when you get it apart. It's in storage at Scott's yard.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=lawless

I'll go inspect the boats Monday.

--
John (@Jkohnen)
Ah! what a divine religion might be found out if charity were really made the principle of it instead of faith. (Percy Bysshe Shelley)

Once again I gave you a bad link to boat photos. <sigh> Try this to see John Lawless's Merc:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y3cap487

On 9/13/2019 12:00 PM, I wrote:
Scott Coleman told me he has a Stevenson Weekender in his yard that needs a home. He was busy pulling boats when I called, but it sounds like it may not survive much longer if nobody gets it.
John Lawless will _give_ his SF Bay Mercury to a GOOD home. It's a very nice boat, but has some rot problems in the plywood bottom -- and who knows what else when you get it apart. It's in storage at Scott's yard.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=lawless
I'll go inspect the boats Monday.
--
John (@Jkohnen)
The problem in our country isn't with books being banned, but with people no longer reading. ... You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them. (Ray Bradbury)

John Lawless's Mercury isn't at Scott's yard. You can email him at loriartzadoni@... ( loriartzadoni at gmail.com ), or call him for info about the boat. 541-484-1320 It's Free to a GOOD home.

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y3cap487

The Weekender is a veteran of the Salish 100. On the voyage it suffered a broken bowsprit and the motor mount tore away from the transom. I took quick look at it today. I think the hull and deck are solid, except for the hole in the transom, but the cabin top and companionway hatch are delaminating, as if the builder used cheaper plywood there, and there may be some issues around the cockpit seats. There are no sails, or trailer. Scott bought the boat to get the oversized, heavy duty trailer that's under it. He said the price for the boat is, "not much at all," depending on what trailer he'll sell you to haul it off. I suspect that if you show up with your own trailer, and don't need any help from Scott's crew to get the boat onto it, you can get the boat for free. If nobody gets the boat before Scott wants to use the trailer it's on he'll probably just break it up. Don't bother him unless you're really interested: 541-954-7223 scott@... ( scott at skookummarine.com ). Some shots of the Weekender, Nereid, on the Salish 100:

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y6pjbklv

On 9/13/2019 12:00 PM, I wrote:
Scott Coleman told me he has a Stevenson Weekender in his yard that needs a home. He was busy pulling boats when I called, but it sounds like it may not survive much longer if nobody gets it.
John Lawless will _give_ his SF Bay Mercury to a GOOD home. It's a very nice boat, but has some rot problems in the plywood bottom -- and who knows what else when you get it apart. It's in storage at Scott's yard.
John (@Jkohnen)
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. (Robert A. Heinlein)