Topics

Car Engine for boat

antec007

What type of propeller drive do they use? Outdrive, straight, etc.
And what do they use for the exhauset/cooling?
That's usually a complicated, expensive part.

Pat

--- In MessaboutW@y..., thoms.bryn@d... wrote:
I was just readin that issue last night. That's exactly the reason
why I
asked the question earlier. the artic;le is from 1997. The author
said you
could pick up a subaru flat four for about $400 to $800, a hurth
transmission (specialized) for $300, or something like that. a
bunch of
other parts, like different carb, different cooling, different
exhaust,....
All in all it would probably be cheaper than a new four stroke
outboard, of
comparable horsepower.

That's the plan now for the 16 foot runabout. There's a little
more Hp in
the four cylinder inboard, than I need for the boat, but heck, it
sure would
be a fun project.