Topics

Boat turning

Jhcalbany@aol.com

Banta boat turning.jpg

 Thank all of you that came to turn my boat. It was great. We might look like the motley crew, but there is a lot of boat building knowledge in this group.
Thanks again, Jim Cooper

Case Turner

Anyone else not seeing a photo.
--
Dirt

elaineginader

I can't open the attachment.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019, 12:13 PM Case Turner <casesturner@...> wrote:
Anyone else not seeing a photo.
--
Dirt

Richard Green

no photo here.

Rich

On Nov 16, 2019, at 12:13 PM, Case Turner <casesturner@...> wrote:

Anyone else not seeing a photo.
--
Dirt

Your photo isn't coming through, Jim. Did you attach it to the email to the group? Try sending it to me and I'll make sure it gets posted here.

I took a few photos too:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJpGR18

The Banta looks like it's gonna be a Good Boat. :o) Real shapely, even though the sections are all straight except for the tumblehome right at the stern.

On 11/16/2019 10:32 AM, Jim C wrote:
Banta boat turning.jpg
 Thank all of you that came to turn my boat. It was great. We might look like the motley crew, but there is a lot of boat building knowledge in this group.
--
John (@Jkohnen)
The ocean is an object of no small terror. (Edmund Burke)

Electri-Cal

Thank you, Jim !!  Always a pleasure to show up and see what you have in mind.  Excellent pizza doesn't hurt either  Good creative boatwrighting, and a good visit  with a good purpose .  Thanks to your charming wife, for also having us in residence for the afternoon.  Five stars, Jim.

Best Wishes,  Cal

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 10:32 AM Jhcalbany@... via Groups.Io <Jhcalbany=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Banta boat turning.jpg

 Thank all of you that came to turn my boat. It was great. We might look like the motley crew, but there is a lot of boat building knowledge in this group.
Thanks again, Jim Cooper

Jack Korlann

no photo

Your photo isn't coming through, Jim. Did you attach it to the email to the group? Try sending it to me and I'll make sure it gets posted here.

I took a few photos too:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJpGR18

The Banta looks like it's gonna be a Good Boat. :o) Real shapely, even though the sections are all straight except for the tumblehome right at the stern.

On 11/16/2019 10:32 AM, Jim C wrote:
Banta boat turning.jpg
Thank all of you that came to turn my boat. It was great. We might look like the motley crew, but there is a lot of boat building knowledge in this group.
--
John (@Jkohnen)
The ocean is an object of no small terror. (Edmund Burke)

I added Jim C's photo of all the boat turners to the end of my Flickr album of the event:

https://flic.kr/p/2hM9E6T

Jim's photo may have failed to show up here because the file was awfully large. Groups.io is set to resize overly large photos and it may have choked on Jim's. <g> When uploading or attaching photos, please watch the file sizes. There's no reason a photo for a group like this should be larger than about 250 Kilobytes, though 500 Kb isn't too awful. Jim's photo was 3,640 Kb. Groups.io will try to resize big (image size, not file size) photos to no larger than 1024 x 1024 pixels, so there's no point in uploading pictures bigger than that anyway.

If you need help manipulating photos let me know. maybe I can help.

--
John (@Jkohnen)
There are people in every time and every land who want to stop history in its tracks. They fear the future, mistrust the present, and invoke the security of a comfortable past which, in fact, never existed. (Robert F. Kennedy)