Topics

Boat hardware

chnookie

Does anyone know if there is a place in Portland area that you can
buy the oddball stuff for building boats? Specifically, I am trying
to track down some copper rivets, ran out. I can mail order them,
but would love to find a little podunk store that carries stuff like
that for future reference. Any suggestions?

chnookie

Thanks gang.

antec007

Well, Did you find them, and if so, where?

Pat

--- In MessaboutW@y..., chnookie@h... wrote:
Thanks gang.

chnookie

No, just saying thanks. I will check Wink's. My local Ace is
unfortunately full of idiots. They have no clue what a rove is. I
have mail ordered what I need, but like I say, want a local source of
such stuff. I will let everyone know what I see on my visit to
Wink's. Probably go this weekend.

antec007

I went into my Ace Place today to get some plumbing parts
and they do have copper rivets.
You might have to go look for yourself.
Their's were next to the nuts and bolts in the little
pull out tray boxes. They had wuite a selection of sizes,
but don't know about the quantity of each.

I would think that Rivers West would or should keep a
supply of those little devils on hand.

I think I have only "Riven" a couple of times in my life.
Not much call in Plywood boats. (-;

Pat

--- In MessaboutW@y..., chnookie@h... wrote:
No, just saying thanks. I will check Wink's. My local Ace is
unfortunately full of idiots. They have no clue what a rove is. I
have mail ordered what I need, but like I say, want a local source
of
such stuff. I will let everyone know what I see on my visit to
Wink's. Probably go this weekend.

chnookie

AARRrrrgghhh!!
Yeah, my Ace has "copper rivets", just not the ones I needed, mail
ordered them instead. Winks has the same story. Neither of them
carries bronze wood screws, so I now have to mail order them. Really
sucks paying 5$ shipping for 1$ worth of hardware. Neither Ace nor
Wink's nor Fishermans nor anyone else I have seen has the boat cleats
I want to use on the tender. This is just frustrating. I moved here
from Central Oregon and I swear that even though I only had one
hardware store to choose from, at least they usually had what I
wanted. And if they didn't, well, they were a small store in C.
Oregon, whadya expect. It was at least easier to take. I know I am
looking for oddball stuff, but geez!! Despite not being able to
secure necessary parts, progress is still being made. I am getting
closer.