Attempting to read the tea leaves...Columbia trip

Dan

OK…so who has the lead on this one?  I come for the company, and don’t otherwise know anybody in Cathlamet.  If John is watching for the UPS driver, Elaine and Earl are out; who is still going?  Dan

Mark Neuhaus

Hello folks,

On Thursday, September 9, 2021, Dan <danashore@...> wrote:

OK…so who has the lead on this one?  I come for the company, and don’t otherwise know anybody in Cathlamet.  If John is watching for the UPS driver, Elaine and Earl are out; who is still going?  Dan

I called Dan and we discussed several things, and when all was said and done, he came to the conclusion that it was best for him not to make the trip.

So, I  am once again proposing a delay for the gathering. A week or so later when parts come in, obligations don't get in the way, and everyone is rested up from previous trips?  Maybe keep this one closer to Portland and not quite as long, timewise and lengthwise? Wait until next year?

Mark

Lee Tapper

later would be better for me, the week of the 27th for example. Although I have no issue with the current ports of call, if we want to to up river portland --> government island ---> camas  can be a nice trip.

Myles Twete

Hi Mark-

That works for me…just back from a few days at the coast myself and back has been killing me, so the idea of doing a week on my boat starting next week makes my back hurt more J .  While they also are opening up the river for fishing again beginning Saturday, it’s only from St. Helens upstream to Bonneville.

Lower Columbia River salmon fishery upstream of Warrior Rock to reopen Sept. 11 (state.or.us)