Topics

ANOTHER SALISH 100 REGISTRATION UPDATE...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [salish100] ANOTHER SALISH 100 REGISTRATION UPDATE...
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 08:15:30 -0800
From: Marty <norseboater22@gmail.com>
To: Salish100@groups.io

*REGISTRATION UPDATE, SALISH 100*

Following another meeting of the Salish 100 organizing team, the sponsoring Northwest Maritime Center announces another Covid-related delay in the start of registration for the 2021 Salish 100 small-boat cruise—from February 4 to Monday, May 3.

While organizers know skippers would like to register earlier, we have to conclude—due to ongoing uncertainties regarding the rollout of vaccines, along with the potential spread of a new coronavirus variant—that February is too soon to start the registration process.

The organizing team is also considering two other potential options as we try to preserve running of this year’s Salish 100 cruise:

1) A potential change of date (if July 9-15 is too soon in Covid terms)…perhaps rescheduling the cruise for mid-September;

2. Also, a possible change of route to avoid the shuttling of trailers, and to more easily comply with local Covid precautions.

*Please note:* /Neither of these potential changes have been made./  We just want everyone to know we’ll do whatever we can to hold the small-boat cruise this year, while keeping participants—and folks we encounter along the way—safe from the virus.

We’ll post another update by mid-March. In the meantime, if you have questions, please respond here or email info@salish100.org

*- The Salish 100 organizing team:* Daniel Evans, Marty Loken, Bob Miller, Karen Wyman, Denis Wang, Simeon Baldwin, Bo Neill, Bill Ferry and Skip Denny.

Familiarity breeds contempt. How accurate that is. The reason we hold truth in such respect is because we have so little opportunity to get familiar with it. (Mark Twain)