Yaquina River After Thanksgiving Float -- Nov. 4th

The After Thanksgiving Float from the Cannon Quarry ramp down to the Toledo Airport ramp is next Saturday. We'll be leaving the Cannon Quarry ramp about 1:00 so, with a strong ebb tide pushing us, we'll get to the Airport ramp with plenty of daylight left. Pizza from Cobblestone afterwards. :o) The Weatherman is promising clement weather:

http://www.coots.org/mb/Thanksgiving/

I'm gonna take Lazy Jack, so I can stay over Saturday night and attend the memorial for Dave West Sunday:

"We will be hosting a memorial for David West on Sunday December 5th at 11:00 AM. We will have an open mic for people to share their thoughts about Dave. At 12:30 the family will join a boat parade down to Craigy Point where we will stop and say a few words, then return to the boat shop.

"We will have the Waterfront Recreation and Education Center building open throughout the day for folks to mingle and share time and stories. We will also have a small amount of food and beverages for folks.

"Please respond here and let us know if you are attending this memorial. We have limited space on the boats during the boat parade, but if folks have their own (motor) boats we encourage them to join in.

"We look forward to a joyful celebrations of David’s life." (Joe Novello"

There is a custom, amounting almost to tradition, that true boat speeds are obscene and must never be mentioned except in a highly dressed up state. (Lindsay Lord)