Check out these stabilizers

Case Turner

I snagged these off a Facebook post. I’ve never seen anything like it on any troller. This one is currently on the hard in Coos Bay.

Sent from not here

Gerard Mittelstaedt

Interesting - built-on roll damper perhaps. Also could help keep her
upright if dried out on a flat beach, but does not seem to be robust
enough to handle that sort of load.
- just a guess - Gerard M. - in Texas !

--
Gerard Mittelstaedt -- mittel48@gmail.com
McAllen, Texas

Case Turner

Yes these are “bat wings” they are to help slow the roll.

Case
Enjoy the weekend! You know it’s coming!

On Jul 21, 2021, at 12:17 PM, Gerard Mittelstaedt <MITTEL48@gmail.com> wrote:

Interesting - built-on roll damper perhaps. Also could help keep her
upright if dried out on a flat beach, but does not seem to be robust
enough to handle that sort of load.
- just a guess - Gerard M. - in Texas !

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 11:50 PM Case Turner <dirtsailor2003@gmail.com> wrote:

I snagged these off a Facebook post. I’ve never seen anything like it on any troller. This one is currently on the hard in Coos Bay.

Sent from not here

--
Gerard Mittelstaedt -- mittel48@gmail.com
McAllen, Texas
USA

--
Dirt

Alas, I've seen stabilizers like that before on old trollers. <sigh> Norma Jean was built by Tacoma Boat Building Co. and launched in 1939.

On 7/20/2021 9:49 PM, Dirt wrote:
I snagged these off a Facebook post. I’ve never seen anything like it on any troller. This one is currently on the hard in Coos Bay.
Let a fool be made serviceable according to his folly. (Joseph Conrad)

I think it’s definitely roll dampners in lieu of flopper stoppers.

Rich G