Last night...

Dan

I heard somebody moan..."OOHHHHHHH...SHITTT..T....T....t......t"
There's this old adage, "You can't tell the difference between completely full, and completely empty, with a sightglass."  I had just topped up the new heater fuel tank.  But, couldn't seem to see anything in the sightglass/tube along that one side.  I went below to get a flashlight to check for bubbles.  That's when I saw the last of that gallon tank blurp its contents into the drystores cabinet.
Oh yeah...the new fuel hose...the one that needed a hole drilled...and needed to be connected to the pump...the one...the one, I left coiled up on the shelf containing all those boxes of boatfood...well...
At least, most of those boxes had done their duty as they saw it, and slurped up as much of that kerosene as they could manage.  So did the plywood shelf and the bilge and the carpet, and...
Well.
I think I can still hear that guy moaning, someplace.  Something like, "my galley, my galley...smells like the engine room on an old yard tug...ooohhhhhhhhhhh..."

Now when you have old engineers and submariners aboard they'll feel right at home. ;o)

Seriously, I'm sure sorry to hear about the mishap. That smell will be hard to get rid of. At least kerosene isn't as bad as diesel. <sigh>

On 4/22/2021 12:28 PM, Dan from Almostcanada wrote:
I heard somebody moan..."OOHHHHHHH...SHITTT..T....T....t......t"
There's this old adage, "You can't tell the difference between completely full, and completely empty, with a sightglass."  I had just topped up the new heater fuel tank.  But, couldn't seem to see anything in the sightglass/tube along that one side.  I went below to get a flashlight to check for bubbles.  That's when I saw the last of that gallon tank blurp its contents into the drystores cabinet.
I think I can still hear that guy moaning, someplace.  Something like, "my galley, my galley...smells like the engine room on an old yard tug...ooohhhhhhhhhhh..."
Perfect order is the forerunner of perfect horror. (Carlos Fuentes)