Nifty Boarding Ladder!

Answered my own question... I guess I've spent too much time ignoring those big, ugly gin palaces while "progress" marches on. <g> Disappearing boarding ladders are quite common, if the page below is any indication, and you can even get "automatic" and powered versions:

https://www.nauticexpo.com/boat-manufacturer/retractable-ladder-19083.html

On 3/8/2021 11:58 AM, I wrote:
http://www.northquaymarine.co.uk/New_Builds.html
Or is it a bolt-in, ready-to-go product from somebody? Pretty nifty, but it does require room inside the boat.
It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning. (Bill Watterson)

Unless it's a closely held trade secret, maybe the builder of that boat would share how they do that:

http://www.northquaymarine.co.uk/New_Builds.html

Or is it a bolt-in, ready-to-go product from somebody? Pretty nifty, but it does require room inside the boat.

On 3/8/2021 10:36 AM, Jove wrote:
My windrose needs a boarding ladder.
It has dangerously high freeboard for a small boat.
I built a nice wooden ladder, but need to work out where and how to mount it.
https://youtu.be/laMOfEGU46I <https://youtu.be/laMOfEGU46I>
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. (James D. Nicoll)

Bob Miller

If you're short of space and have a flat transom, this may be a good choice. Detaches easily and quickly. stows in a relatively small space. Comes in a 4-step model also.

Sender notified by
Mailtrack 03/08/21, 11:12:30 AM

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 2:14 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
At the end of this video the guy demonstrates a real nifty boarding
ladder setup. I wonder of a Coot could cobble something like this
together...

https://youtu.be/laMOfEGU46I

A self-taught man usually has a poor teacher and a worse student. (Henny
Youngman)

Jove Lachman-Curl

My windrose needs a boarding ladder.
It has dangerously high freeboard for a small boat.
I built a nice wooden ladder, but need to work out where and how to mount it.
Thanks.
-Jove