Great Small Boat Picture

A boy on Yaquina Bay in a Cootish boat in 1937. See attachment. I probably bought this photo at the gift shop in the Columbia River Maritime Museum. It's framed and hanging in my shop. :o)

Many a man has fallen in love with a girl in light so dim he would not have chosen a suit by it. (Maurice Chevalier)

elaineginader

What a great picture Jihn.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020, 7:40 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
A boy on Yaquina Bay in a Cootish boat in 1937. See attachment. I
probably bought this photo at the gift shop in the Columbia River
Maritime Museum. It's framed and hanging in my shop. :o)

Many a man has fallen in love with a girl in light so dim he would not
have chosen a suit by it. (Maurice Chevalier)

The Newport waterfront was a lot more interesting back then. Waterfronts everywhere keep getting less and less interesting... <sigh>

https://groups.io/g/oregoncoots/photo/0/0?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Dan M posted a few photos of a more interesting Florence/Glenada in his youth:

https://groups.io/g/oregoncoots/album?id=248251

On 11/30/2020 8:10 PM, elaine wrote:
What a great picture John.
Wind is to us what money is to life on shore. (Sterling Hayden)

When I was a kid and we lived in Albany, Newport was our destination. For me the biggest difference is back then the population 2.5 billion and it’s pushing four times that now….can hardly find a parking place, not so many new shops nor streets but way more folks. I confess one of the things I liked when I had a moored boat was casting off into a world far more free of people and their lives and toys. Laying at anchor you may be only a hundred yards from the next boat but it might as well be half way ‘round the world. I figure we’ll reach peak people way before we need to fret over peak oil…..

Rich

On Dec 1, 2020, at 1:35 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@boat-links.com> wrote:

The Newport waterfront was a lot more interesting back then. Waterfronts everywhere keep getting less and less interesting... <sigh>

https://groups.io/g/oregoncoots/photo/0/0?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Dan M posted a few photos of a more interesting Florence/Glenada in his youth:

https://groups.io/g/oregoncoots/album?id=248251

On 11/30/2020 8:10 PM, elaine wrote:
What a great picture John.
Wind is to us what money is to life on shore. (Sterling Hayden)

elaineginader

I can't open the links

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020, 1:35 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
The Newport waterfront was a lot more interesting back then. Waterfronts
everywhere keep getting less and less interesting... <sigh>

https://groups.io/g/oregoncoots/photo/0/0?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Dan M posted a few photos of a more interesting Florence/Glenada in his
youth:

https://groups.io/g/oregoncoots/album?id=248251

On 11/30/2020 8:10 PM, elaine wrote:
> What a great picture John.

Wind is to us what money is to life on shore. (Sterling Hayden)

You have to log into the group Web page to see the photos. The first links hows a can of varnish now. <g> One gripe with groups.io is that they make it hard to link directly to attachments. <harrumph> This link will work until someone sends another attachment:

https://groups.io/g/oregoncoots/photo/0/1?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

On 12/1/2020 5:00 PM, elaine wrote:
I can't open the links
https://groups.io/g/oregoncoots/photo/0/0?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0
Dan M posted a few photos of a more interesting Florence/Glenada in his
youth:
https://groups.io/g/oregoncoots/album?id=248251
Missionaries, my Dear! Don't you realize that missionaries are the divinely provided food for destitute cannibals? Whenever they are on the brink of starvation, Heaven in its infinite mercy sends them a nice plump missionary. (Oscar Wilde)

bryanbeachy@ymail.com

Great picture John!  That perfectly captures the pure essence of messing about in boats.